February 2019 favourites

/
0 Comments
I've been doing my monthly favourites at around the 20th of each month for a while now, and since it's the 20th today and I don't have any reviews I feel like writing, I thought I'd sneak in my monthly favourites now.

Mind you, it's been a pretty odd start to the year in this house and I haven't been blogging as much as usual because we've had so much on (plus we've all been sick for the past week or so), which means I'm wondering what favourites I'll actually have for February because I haven't been testing that many new products.

Guess we'll see!


L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil

Full review here. While this oil costs more than what I would typically pay for a body product, it's super luxe and I'm really enjoying it so I think it's worth the price-tag.

It has a sweet scent that's not overpowering and the texture is rich and gorgeous. Once you add water, it thins out beautifully and also lathers up nicely so it spreads out and cleans the skin well.

It also feels beautifully hydrating and nourishing on my dry skin, and what I find after use is that my skin feels soft, clean and moisturised. It's just a lovely product and I recommend it. I've even given it an HG tag.


Palmer's Coconut Oil Body Oil

This is another Palmer's body product that I've been using and loving, and I'm glad I've tried it because I would absolutely buy it again. I've reviewed it here.

It smells like coconut and it's quite thin in texture so a little goes a long way, plus it applies and spreads well. Indeed, despite frequent use, I've barely made a dent in this thing and I can see it lasting a lot longer than other oils, which of course makes it even better value on a price-per-use basis.

It's also just what my dry skin needs, and even though my body isn't too dry at the moment because it's summer, this is the kind of lightweight but still nourishing oil that I could use at any time of year. It manages any discomfort immediately and soothes the tightness in my skin. Definitely one to try.


BareMinerals Clay Chameleon Transforming Purifying Cleanser

Full review here. This is a really lovely cleanser, and while it's not the most effective cleanser I've tried, I'll forgive that because I get so much enjoyment from using it.

It's a red clay product that's smooth and silky in texture, and it feels gorgeous when I apply it to my skin. Once you add water it becomes a silky white cream, and it feels even nicer on my skin - almost like a soothing oil.

While it doesn't remove makeup that well (it does nothing for eye makeup), I tend to use it as my second cleanse - and what I find is that my face feels soft, smooth and silky after use. It also feels gently hydrated and clean, so it's a good product for my dry, sometimes sensitive skin because it's not too astringent. I definitely recommend grabbing a sample next time you're in Mecca.


BareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Infusion

I think this is a really nice serum, and while it's not quite as good as my HG Lancome serum (reviewed here), it's still great and it's not unlike the Lancome one in terms of texture and effect - it's just that Lancome's offering achieves more visible results and works better for my skin overall. 

It's a cloudy, runny gel that spreads like water on the skin and absorbs instantly. What I love about it is that it has a brightening effect so it boosts radiance, plus it plumps fine lines and wrinkles a little (at least temporarily) so it makes my skin look smoother too. 

I also feel that it firms and tones the skin a bit, at least for a while after I've applied it. Indeed, my skin looks more healthy when I use this, and it feels softer and smoother so makeup glides on better these days, which is always a plus for me personally. Definitely worth trying. I've reviewed it here.


Nak Ultimate Treatment 60 Second Repair

Full review here. I love this product and it's one of the best hair masks I've tried. While I still do love my HG OGX mask (reviewed here), this one delivers similar results - and although the OGX mask works a little better, you only need to leave this Nak product on for one minute so it doesn't take as long to use. A huge plus!

What I love about this product is that it leaves my dry, frizzy hair super shiny, soft, manageable and hydrated. It also targets my frizz and helps with detangling too - and while it doesn't do these two things as successfully as my OGX mask, it still does enough that I notice a difference.

I've been using and enjoying this for the last few months now and it's definitely something I would buy in future. A great product.

In sum

Them's my favourites for the month!

Do let me know in the comments if you've tried anything amazing recently: I'd love to hear.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.