BareMinerals Skinsorials Normal to Combination Kit - round-up with mini reviews

/
0 Comments

I unboxed this set last week (see here) but I'd actually been using the products for over two months by then - it's just that it took me ages to edit the photos and get that post up.

So here we are already with my round-up and mini review post, where I'll go through all the products and let you know what I thought of them individually - as well as letting you know what I thought of the kit as a whole, just in case anyone's interested in the set itself.


In the set I received:

  • Clay Chameleon Transforming Purifying Cleanser (50g)
  • Skinlongevity Vital Power Infusion (30ml)
  • Smart Combination Lightweight Emulsion (30ml)

While it's designed for normal to combination skin, I used a sample card that contained all three products a while ago and loved them so I knew they would work for my dry skin, which is why I asked for this particular kit

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


BareMinerals Clay Chameleon Transforming Purifying Cleanser (RRP $34 AUD for 120g)

This is a really lovely cleanser, and while it's not the most effective cleanser I've tried, I'll forgive that because I get so much enjoyment from using it. I've reviewed it here.

It's a red clay product that's smooth and silky in texture, and it feels really lovely when I apply it to my skin. Once you add water it becomes a silky white cream, and it feels even nicer on my skin - almost like a soothing oil.

While it's not the most effective makeup remover I've tried, I don't mind that because I prefer other products for that job anyway. I tend to use this as my second cleanse in the morning or evening, and what I find is that my face always feels soft, smooth and silky after use. It also feels gently hydrated and clean, so it's a good product for my dry, sometimes sensitive skin because it's not too astringent. 

Overall I think this is a gorgeous cleanser and I absolutely love using it. It works perfectly as a second cleanse and there's definitely a place for it in my collection. 


BareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Infusion (RRP $85 AUD for 50ml)

Full review here. This is a really nice serum, and while it's not quite as good as my HG Lancome serum (reviewed here), they're similar in terms of effect - it's just that the Lancome serum yields stronger results. 

What I love about this BareMinerals offering is that it has a brightening effect so it boosts radiance, plus it plumps fine lines and wrinkles a little (at least temporarily) so it makes my skin look more even. 

I also feel that it firms and tones the skin, at least for a while after I've applied it. Indeed, my skin looks more healthy when I use this, and it feels softer and smoother so makeup glides on better these days, which is always a plus for me personally.

This and the cleanser are my favourite items in the set, although I do like the moisturiser too.


BareMinerals Smart Combination Smoothing Lightweight Emulsion (RRP $56 AUD for 50ml)

I'm really enjoying this moisturiser too. I've reviewed it here. It's a thin, runny product that's more like a serum/lotion hybrid in texture, and it's cooling and soothing when applied. 

There's something about the texture that's almost a little oily so it's no surprise that it's hydrating and nourishing enough for my dry skin - although it's summer now so it mightn't be quite enough in the cooler months when my skin's at its driest.

After use my skin feels soft, smooth and hydrated, and the product has a slightly tacky finish that adds some radiance and also works well under makeup because it helps things adhere. Plus it's lightweight so it doesn't clog pores, and it also leaves my skin feeling more supple.

Do note that this product is no longer available individually at Mecca - which makes me sad because I really enjoy it - but it may yet show up in more skincare kits once we hit the festive releases.

In sum

I really enjoyed this kit and all the products work for me, meaning it was great value and I would absolutely buy it again. And funnily enough, although it's designed for normal/combination and I'm dry, this kit actually worked better for me overall than the dry skin kit I used recently (reviewed here).

My favourite two items in the set are the serum and the cleanser, and I would buy both of those separately - although I'm probably a little more likely to buy the cleanser because it's cheaper and because I have another serum that I love a bit more than this one so I'll likely repurchase that instead.

In terms of whether I think the kit was worth the outlay, I definitely do. It retailed for $66 AUD, which covered the cost of the serum, and the other two items I essentially received for free. Not only were they bonus items, but I also loved them both - a huge plus.

Overall I've had a great experience with BareMinerals' newer skincare range so far and I'm looking forward to trying more things. In particular some of the face masks have caught my eye, so I might buy those next.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.