August empties 2019 #1

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my first empties post for the month.

I have bundles of empties to get through at the moment so I'd like to try to squeeze in at least three and perhaps even four empties posts this month if I can. We'll see.

So without further ado...


Hair Recipe Honey & Apricot Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner

Full review here. The shampoo is one of the best shampoos I've used when it comes to getting the gunk out. Having said this, I need to use twice the amount that I normally would (two large pumps, twice) because the product doesn't feel very concentrated and I need to use more of it to get the job done. 

It also leaves my hair very knotty after washing. I have dry, damaged hair so I need super nourishing products, and while this does leave my hair clean (but not stripped), soft and shiny, it doesn't do well with leaving my hair feeling nourished and I think that's why the knots have been such a problem. My frizz and dryness have also been a lot worse since I started using this.

The conditioner is ok. While it does hydrate a little bit, I personally don't feel that it does this enough for my dry, damaged hair - and I can always tell as soon as I've washed the conditioner out that it hasn't nourished my locks enough.

I think this is one of the reasons why my hair is always so knotty after I've used this conditioner, and it's more frizzy than usual to boot. If your hair isn't as dry and damaged (and frizzy) as mine is, this product might be fine for you - but this doesn't add enough nourishment back into my hair and over time it has dried my hair out a little. Purchase? No.


L'Occitane Aromachologie Relaxing Shower Gel

Full review here. While I do like the formula of this shower gel because it cleans without stripping my dry skin, I don't like the scent and for that reason I don't enjoy using it.

I like that it feels quite silky, smooth and velvety to the touch, and while it does smell herbal, it has this odd after-scent that's sickly sweet and turns my stomach. It's one of those scents that gives me a headache if I smell it too close or too often.

I also like that it doesn't foam like crazy or dry out my already dry skin, and that it cleans well while still being gentle. Nevertheless, I can't live with the scent so I wouldn't buy it.

BareMinerals Gen Nude Patent Lip Lacquer in Everything

This is a nice product and I'm enjoying using it, and while it's not my favourite lip product because it's not hydrating enough for me personally, I do like it and I recommend the formula. I've reviewed it here.

It has a glassy, almost plastic-like texture that isn't sticky - so it should suit those who don't like sticky lip products. What I like about this formula is that it stays on the lips very well, so it lasts better than the glosses I normally wear and I'm a fan of this because I normally need to reapply my lip products all the time (I'm always eating or drinking something).

I also like the high-shine finish, but I don't like that the formula isn't hydrating enough for me to wear on its own. Purchase? Maybe.


The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10%

I think this is a good little product and I noticed it was doing something for me from the moment I used it. While the difference isn't huge, it's definitely there and I absolutely recommend it - especially because it's not expensive so it's no big loss if it doesn't work for you. I've reviewed it here.

There's something about it that's refreshing and hydrating, and my skin always feels better once I've used it. Because it's so thin, it absorbs beautifully and I can always tell when I've applied it because my face looks more awake. 

It's also done something for the lines on my forehead and down the centre of my neck, and for my smile lines. Although the difference isn't dramatic, I can notice the change and I also think it has a toning effect that makes my skin look and feel firmer. Definitely worth trying. Repurchase? Yes.

The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

Full review here. I think this is an ok product and it's a good starter acid if your skin doesn't have much experience with acids because it's not super potent. Having said this, it doesn't do a hell of a lot for me and it's not as effective as other products I've tried from The Ordinary so I wouldn't buy it again.

What I've found with this product is that it doesn't do a hell of a lot for my skin, and I think that's because I use a variety of active ingredients in my skincare so there's not much work left to do, and only the really good new products leave a mark.

I think this does have a mild resurfacing effect so it helps with clarity and congestion, and it also leaves my skin looking brighter and feeling smoother. It doesn't do these things as well as my other products, however, so I wouldn't buy it again. Repurchase? No.


Andalou Naturals Coconut Milk Firming Serum

I meant to review this product but I accidentally finished it before I could do that, so I'll have to review the second one (and I do have a back-up, not because I loved the product but because that just happened for some reason).

I remember thinking this was a lot better than the other serum I've tried from Andalou but I didn't like it much and I'm not looking forward to using the second one. Reason being, it doesn't absorb that well into the skin and it also doesn't do much for my complexion so there's no real point in using it. Repurchase? No.

Alpha-H Liquid Gold Intensive Night Repair Serum

Full review here. This is a good product and it does work well for me, it's just not as effective as Alpha-H's Liquid Gold so I would choose that over this - plus Liquid Gold is cheaper so I'll be sticking with that for now.

What this product does is help with skin clarity (so I have less breakouts these days) and it also brightens the skin. Yes it does sometimes sting a little on application, but that's usually after I've done an exfoliating treatment first and the stinging dies down very quickly so it doesn't bother me. It's a good sign that the product is working, anyway.

Overall I think this is a good product but it's not Alpha-H's best in my opinion, and I wouldn't buy it again. Repurchase? No.


Nivea Q10 Power Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Protecting Day Cream SPF 30

Full review here. This is a thick, rich cream with a smooth and buttery texture. It spreads and absorbs well, and a little goes a long way so you don't need much per application and the tub should last a good while.

What I love about this cream is that it's perfect for my dry skin, especially now that it's getting colder and my skin is drier. Something like this is exactly what my skin needs, and I recommend it if you want something to target tightness and discomfort. 

My face feels nourished and comfortable after use, and the product also has a temporary firming and plumping effect so that's worth noting too. Plus I love that it contains sunscreen, and it's one of the better SPF day creams I've tried over the years so I recommend it. Purchase? Yes.

Omorovicza Intensive Hydra-Lifting Cream

This is apparently a rich and easily absorbed anti-ageing moisturiser that's formulated for everyday use. It should deliver instant lifting, visible plumping and prolonged, sustained firming - while resurfacing lines and wrinkles, and providing lasting hydration.

I think this was a really lovely cream. It was moisturising and it suited my dry skin beautifully without weighing it down, plus a little went a long way so I didn't get through the sample too quickly. Problem is, the damn thing retails for $257 AUD so it's not one I would buy. Still, it absorbed well and nourished my skin nicely: I really liked it. Purchase? No.

In sum

That's all from me. I'm glad I've knocked out my first empties post for the month and I may even try to do a second one today, just to give myself a head-start.

The best items in this lot were the Nivea cream and The Ordinary's Argireline Solution. Everything else I can take or leave.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.