August 2019 favourites

/
0 Comments
I've been doing my monthly favourites post earlier in the month lately, and I prefer to do that because I have a bundle of posts I need to write at the end of the month and it's easier to separate things.

Also, it doesn't really matter when my favourites are written because there's still around a month between each post, which gives me enough time to find new things and rediscover old favourites.

Anyhoo. Let's have a look.


Elemental Herbology Cool & Clear Facial Cleanser

Full review here. I've been loving this cleanser since I started using it a few months back, and although it's designed for oily skin, it's been fine for my dry skin so I think it would work for most people.

It's a gel cleanser with a natural, herbal scent that I enjoy. In texture it's a thin gel that feels light as air on the skin, and when you add water it lathers up but doesn't foam, and I can tell that it doesn't contain any nasties like soap or SLS.

I love the feel of this cleanser when I massage it across the skin. The lather is velvety and it feels like it's cleansing without stripping my natural oils. I use mine as my second cleanse in the morning, and I find that my face feels clean, fresh and soft after use. Definitely worth trying.


Manuka Doctor ApiRefine Illusionist Rapid Lift Mask

Full review here. This is a fantastic face mask and I absolutely love it. Indeed, I'm so glad I received it as a GWP because I might never have tried it otherwise, but now that I have, I already know that I'll repurchase it.

I love the feel of the creamy texture as I apply this, and while it doesn't dry down or sting or give any sign that it's working, it definitely does work. After use, I'm always surprised by the change in my skin. My face looks brighter and more awake, and it feels smoother and softer to boot. I also think that it has an effect on lines and wrinkles (at least temporarily), and it makes my face feel firmer and more hydrated too. Love.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit, Unlocked

I have three Hourglass edits but I think this one might just be my favourite. I absolutely love it. I've reviewed it here.

Yes Hourglass quality is the same across the board, but what I love about this edit is the colours. They're just beautiful. The bronzer is my favourite Hourglass bronzer to date (I hope they release it permanently as a single), both blushes are pretty and they both suit me, the highlighter is gorgeous and both setting powders work for me too (plus they don't contain glitter, which some of the brand's setting powders do).

I kind of wish I'd bought a back-up for this. That should tell you something. Still, I don't need any more makeup so I'll just be sure to ration this palette so I don't get through it too quickly. I would use it every day if I could.


Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint SPF 15 in Warm Ivory

Full review here. This product is currently on my Project Pan list, and while it's not my favourite of the bases I own, I still really like it and I wanted to mention it in my favourites before I finish it.

Although it's called a tint, it's really a foundation that offers at least a medium coverage unless you really sheer it out (which I normally do), and you can build it to medium-to-full coverage if you want to. What I love about this product is that it takes very little effort to blend (I use my fingers) and it looks natural enough on the skin. 

Another thing to note is that it stands up in extreme heat better than any other base product I've used, so it's a great one for the warmer months and it deserves huge points for that aspect alone. Indeed, I'll be retaining a small amount from my tube to use on those 40 plus degree days over summer, because nothing else compares under tough conditions. Worth trying.


Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant

Full review here. As you may know, I haven't had a lot of luck with Dermalogica as a brand - but this particular product is great and I'm glad I found it because it works beautifully for my skin.

It's a powder exfoliant and you add water before buffing it across your face, and it manages to resurface my skin very gently while still being super effective: my face always looks brighter and feels smoother after use.

The other bonus with a powder product like this is that they last forever, so I can see this full-size lasting me a couple of years (and thankfully it has a 24 month shelf-life) - which means it's not a bad investment, all things considered. Definitely worth trying.

In sum

That's all from me.

I hope you enjoyed this little post and that you have plenty of your own favourites for the month. Do let me know in the comments if so: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.