Fun new things to play with 2019 #3

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my third larger samples post for the year.

I've been meaning to get this post up for ages but have been drowning in work and general life business lately, so it's taken me ages to get there. Hoh well. Better late than never. Do note that I've already finished some of these samples though, so my update post with mini reviews isn't far behind (I hope!).

Let's have a look.


Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Cleanser

This is described as a daily foaming and exfoliating cleanser for soft, smooth and bright skin. It should gently polish away impurities, oil and makeup, and it's sulphate free to boot. It's formulated with AHAs and natural fruit enzymes to detoxify without stripping the skin of moisture and to refine skin texture. 

I've used this before and while I do enjoy it, it's not the right product for me because it's drying on my skin if I use it too often. More on that in my update post (or you can read my review here).

The Beauty Chef Inner Antioxidant Boost

This antioxidant supplement claims to keep your skin happy and healthy. It's designed to help repair and protect the skin from free-radical damage and ageing; and it helps to boost skin firmness and reduce the appearance of fine lines. Papaya leaf, pomegranate and green tea help balance the body with prebiotics, probiotics and antioxidants. With scientifically proven immune-boosting properties, this delicious liquid formula is perfect if you are recuperating from sickness, or have a dull or tired-looking complexion.

I'm not a big believer in these consumable products working, but let's see how it goes. And funnily enough, I've been sick for the last three days and I haven't been sleeping well lately so I do have a dull, tired-looking complexion. Meaning I'm apparently the perfect candidate for this product (let's see!).


AmorePacific Time Response Skin Reserve Cream 

This is apparently infused with AmorePacific's patented green tea blend, and is described as a rich face cream that locks in moisture to help prevent future signs of ageing. It should instantly improve skin's elasticity, tone and hydration levels, and it should firm and smooth the complexion for a more even, radiant tone.

While I don't normally mention prices in these posts, I will here because the 50ml full size retails for $659 (WTF?!) and the 15ml travel size retails for $220. My golly. But given that the sample size is 8ml (15ml costs $220 AUD), at least we can say this is a super generous sample that's valued at something in the order of $120 AUD. That's a lot of cash for a tiny tub! We'll see how it goes. It'd better be bloody good at that price-point.


Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Let's Go Crazy 

This is described as a long-lasting matte lip pencil that's enriched with vitamin e to ensure comfort. You can use it as a lip liner or for all over colour.

I've always wanted to try one of these because I've heard such good things about them, but I've seen the swatches of Let's Go Crazy and it's a super bright pink - so it's not my kind of shade (I prefer a more natural look).

Still, this crayon is almost as large as the full-size so it's a generous sample, which is always a good thing.


Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara 

This is described as an ultimate all-in-one mascara that features a double-action brush, densely packed bristles and a smooth glide formula. It should deliver high impact volume, length and definition with each swipe.

Unfortunately, however, this hasn't had great reviews on Mecca's website, so I'll be approaching this mascara with...ahhh...caution.

Still, I love mini mascaras because I can finish them before they need to be turfed, so there's no product waste and that satisfies my waste obsession at least ; )


Goldfaden MD Skin Balancing Mask Botanical Rich Refining Treatment

This is apparently powered by a potent multi-peptide and enzyme blend, and is described as a botanical-rich treatment mask that acts to refine pores, boost elasticity and stimulate collagen production, while also promoting a balanced, refined and even textured complexion.

It's also formulated with malic acid to smooth the look of fine lines and wrinkles, visibly tighten pores, reduce pigmentation, hydrate and dissolve dead skin cells; and it's enriched with ginseng, honey, flower extracts, jojoba oil and vitamin e for antioxidant protection, nourishment and boosted elasticity. It claims to leave your complexion feeling hydrated, plump, smooth and firm, while being noticeably youthful-looking.

I'm looking forward to trying this. Fingers crossed it's good.


Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Pore Perfecting Cleansing Gel

Cleanse, exfoliate and tone all in one with the cult-favourite power of Alpha Beta. This powerful yet gentle cleanser removes all traces of dirt, oil and impurities without stripping the skin. Alpha and beta hydroxy acids work to smooth and detox the skin, leaving it ultra-fresh and silky soft, while willowbark, farnesol and barosma betullina leaf extract gently wash away impurities and remove bacteria, keeping pores clean. Snow ear mushroom maintains skin’s delicate moisture barrier, ensuring optimum skin health.

I have finished this sample and I'm looking forward to giving you my thoughts in my next empties post (spoiler alert: I really liked it and want to buy the full size).


Weleda Pomegranate Firming Day Cream

This product claims to intensely nourish, firm and hydrate. It's apparently ideal for women 40 years and over, and is rich in antioxidants to help protect the skin against free radical damage while helping to smooth lines. It uses pomegranate extract (renowned for its ability to promote collagen and elastin production), macadamia oil for its linoleic fatty acid content (excellent for skins that do not retain moisture easily) and argan oil for its vitamin e profile. This product comes in recyclable plastic-free packaging.

I've finished this product but I've kept the packaging and I may well cut it open for one more application. We'll see.


Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover

This claims to be a fast, effective way of removing heavy or waterproof eye makeup. It's described as an extremely gentle, bi-phase eye makeup remover that's suitable for those with sensitive eyes or contact lens wearers to help preserve youthful eye contours.

It should lift away all eye makeup, including heavy or waterproof formulas, while moisturising, soothing and softening the eyelids. It should also help preserve fragile lashes and it shouldn't sting. 

Looking forward to using it again, now that I've finally gotten this post up!

In sum

That's all from me.

I hope you enjoyed this post and that you have plenty of your own fun products to try this month.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.