Fun new things to play with 2019 #4

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next round of larger samples for the year.

I've had plenty of these kinds of samples come in throughout 2019, so I'm not surprised that I'm already on to my fourth one of these posts - and I'm hoping to get at least one more up before year's end. We'll see.

Let's have a look.


La Mav Gradual Tanning Moisturiser in Medium

This came as a GWP along with an Adore Beauty order, and I was pleased to receive it because I'm running low on facial tanner so it's almost time to buy another one.

This one is apparently a nourishing blend of argan oil, macadamia oil, camellia oil, cranberry extract and green tea extract, and it should hydrate the skin while building a bronze glow. It also contains aloe vera leaf juice and vitamin e to improve skin elasticity and texture for a streak-free tan that lasts.

I'm looking forward to trying it again (from memory I've tried it once before).

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil

Enriched with the powerful hydrating properties of sweet almond, this shower oil turns into a foam when it hits water, gently cleansing and hydrating your skin in a delicious burst of moisture. The mouthwatering scent will fill your shower and transport you to a summer day in an almond grove in Provence. And your skin will feel softer and more nourished after just one use.

As you may know, this is one of my favourite products and I've just finished my full-sized tube so I'm glad to have a small one on hand that I can use. I'll give you a mini review when I update this post, but for now, my full review is here.


Kat Von D Lock-it Setting Powder

This is described as a weightless and translucent loose powder formulated with Micro-Blurring Technology™ to set and perfect for a flawless, locked-in finish. Apparently the technology used in this powder reduces the weight by 30% compared to the leading setting powder, so you get a better finish with no chalkiness, no flashback and no added texture. 

The sample is 1.4g in size and I'm looking forward to trying it, partly because I'm low on setting powder so this will come in handy while I'm searching for a new one. You can buy a 5.4g size of this powder for $24 or a 19g tub for $53, and I like that it comes in two sizes so you can try the smaller one without committing to the full-size, which isn't cheap.

Mac Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Primer in Radiant Pink

This should create a smooth, radiant and even base for makeup application, while keeping the complexion hydrated, with oil control on lock-down. The pearl infused formula reflects light and illuminates the complexion, disappearing on application to create a gorgeous, natural glow. The infusion of vitamins e and c fight against free radical damage, brightening and smoothing skin’s texture, while caffeine calms skin. 

I'm not a huge MAC fan but this arrived as a GWP and I'll definitely try it. What I might have to do is put it into Project Pan because I want to keep my makeup numbers down in readiness for my updated makeup inventory at the end of September, so it'll be a good idea to get through any smaller stuff before then. We'll see.


Lancôme Rénergie Multi-Lift Lifting Firming Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream

This is described as a firming, smoothing eye cream to minimise wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles and under-eye bags. Featuring Multi-Tension technology, this eye cream claims to minimise the appearance of eye concerns including wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles and under-eye bags for a refreshed, youthful appearance. The eye contour will look and feel lifted, supple and smooth.

I'm in need of a new eye cream but it will be good to test this one while I'm waiting to find one I want to buy. I haven't tried many eye creams from this brand so I'll be interested to see how it goes.

Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate

I absolutely love this product so I'm more than happy to go through another sample. I've reviewed it here.

What I love about it is that it's one of the few products I've used that generally meets all its claims, so it brightens and boosts radiance, firms and tones the skin, and it has an effect on elasticity too. It just makes my face look younger and healthier (to the point that other people notice the difference) and it's certainly one I would consider buying once I'm through the back-log of serums in my stores.


Lancôme Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector

This is described as an advanced serum to enhance radiance and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and pores. It should target multiple skin concerns including dullness, enlarged pores, fine lines and wrinkles. Skin is left looking and feeling smooth, supple and with a radiant glow.

I remember trying this before but I don't remember what it was like so I'll be interested to use it again. The reviews of this product are also very good so I'm looking forward to testing it.

Lancôme Visionnaire Advanced Multi-Correction Eye Balm

This apparently has a triple-correcting effect on the appearance of wrinkles, dark circles and under eye bags. Composed with Hydra Blur Technology, this immediately cooling formula noticeably improves the appearance of imperfections around the eye contour. Its lightweight texture blends seamlessly into the skin, targeting fine lines, evening skintone and reducing the appearance of bags and dark circles.

So I have two little eye cream samples to get me through the next month or so, when it will be time for me to invest in a new eye cream. I'm hoping this one's good but not that good because it's expensive. We'll see!


Estée Lauder Revitalizing Supreme + Global Anti-Aging Cell Power Creme

This is described as a nourishing, oil-free, multi-action moisturiser with broad-spectrum SPF 15. It should help unlock your skin’s youth potential and add radiant vitality. With powerful RevitaKey Technology, this cream claims to encourage skin’s natural power to amplify collagen and elastin. It should reduce the look of lines and wrinkles, and also help improve skin firmness and elasticity.

I haven't had a lot of luck with Estée Lauder skincare but I'll certainly try this and see how it goes. It sounds wonderful but my experience of the brand is that it doesn't do much for my skin. We'll see.

Jane Iredale Longest Lash Mascara

This mascara claims to lengthen, thicken and define. It apparently has a jumbo-sized brush to add dramatic volume and length while providing essential nutrients to strengthen lashes. It also claims to have a clump-free formula that helps reduce splitting and breakage.

I don't like the sound of the jumbo-sized brush because I have hooded eyes and large brushes always make my life hell (I get goo everywhere), but I'll try this and see how I go. Note that the reviews are lukewarm so I don't have high hopes.

In sum

That's all from me. I'm looking forward to trying all these samples and also getting through them so I don't have so many minis in my collection.

Do let me know in the comments if you've tried any of these products and what you think of them if so.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.