July 2014 Lust Have It - unboxing and first impressions

/
0 Comments

First, thanks LHI for changing your shipping arrangements - previously I'd been getting my box a week later (sometimes more) than others, so it's nice that there are only two shipments now (even though I of course wish I was in the first one hehe).

Second, THANK YOU for changing from those god-awful pink plastic bags! Of the two plastic bags I received, one was used to store dog biscuits and the other went straight into the bin. These mesh ones are much better : ).


Third, thank you for a good 'box'! This is so much better than last month's. While there are only two great items (both full size) - the rest really being 'filler' items - that's enough to make a box a decent one. Yay to that.


Here's what I received this month:


La Mav Organic BB cream (RRP $39.95 for 50ml; received full size)

What a nice surprise! I saw the BB cream on Facelurk and was really hoping I'd get it. So glad I did! I'm a big fan of BB creams and tinted moisturisers, so this will definitely get used. This also isn't a brand I'd heard of before, so that's exciting.

It's apparently for 'all skin types' and available in only one colour. That makes me a little suspicious but hopefully its 'colour adaptive formula' will come through. I don't like that it only has a shelf-life of six months (once opened), particularly because it's a large size product (50ml as opposed to the standard 30ml). I understand that's probably because it's organic, but I'm seeing the potential for waste. I also don't like that it contains 'natural sunscreen' but doesn't give you an idea of protection factor.

Otherwise I'm thrilled I got this and can't wait to try it.


Marsk Mineral Eye Shadow in Rich List (RRP $24.95 for 1.2g; received full size)

This was the sneak peek item, and already this box has hit the $65 mark (and after that, who's counting : ) ). I picked the gold because I've got enough in black already. It's pretty and pigmented, and while I don't like the noticeable glitter (Marsk seems to love doing that), you can get away with that to some extent with an eye shadow (as opposed to eg a blush or bronzer).

This has a shelf-life of 36 months, which makes me happy. It also goes on well (I'm wearing it now) and blends easily; however be aware of product fall-out - it has already slipped off and is sitting below my eyes, and is rather hard to remove without mucking up the rest of my make up.


Ardell Self-adhesive Lashes (RRP $9.99 per set; received full size - if there's such thing as a sample size for these hehe)

Meh, more falsies to add to a growing stash. The only time I've ever worn falsies is when I was maid of honour at a wedding. All too much effort - I may see if any of my friends would like these.

Designer Brands Nail Polish (RRP $6.99 for 12ml; received full size)

What's with DB polluting our subscription boxes at the mo?! The LHI and Bellabox swap groups are rife with these products, and no one wants them. I might give this to my friend's four-year-old daughter so she can add some sparkles to her pictures. Not sure what else I'd do with it - I don't like disco-ball nail polish anyway. If it was a nice block colour I'd at least give it a go. Sorry DB!

Aveda Botanical Kinetics Gel Cleanser (RRP $54.95 for 150ml; received 7ml sample)

I just tried this and wasn't impressed. In my experience, Aveda makes better hair products than they do skin ones. Plus I think we're all a bit sick of seeing them in LHI boxes. It'll get used, but probably as a body wash.

In sum

I'm happy with this box because I've been wanting to try Marsk products and the La Mav BB cream was a great surprise. Yay to that! The box is decent value just for those two items.

What did others receive and are people happy with the box?


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.