Maxfactor CC cream in 85 Bronze - review and swatches

/
0 Comments

This CC cream is an oldie but a goodie and I've been through two tubes at least. Shade 85 Bronze is a little dark for me but the shade down is too pale and I'd rather go warmer than paler, given the choice. Plus it's a forgiving product because it's quite sheer and natural-looking, so I can get away with it in summer when I'm darker.

There's a swatch (unblended and blended):


Product claims/details:
  • You can pick it up cheaply for $12 or so if you shop around (that's about half price)
  • SPF 10, 30 ml size
  • Only 6 shades available, but they do tend to adapt to your skintone
  • Claims to have a brightening effect that evens out skintone (I think it achieves this)
  • Shelf-life: 12 months 

Wearing a thin layer:


Verdict

This is one of those products that reminds us that you don't need to spend big to get a good quality product. It adds a bit of colour and evens out skintone, but you can't really tell I'm wearing anything. That's the aim!

I tend to use more of it in a single use than I do some other similar products because it's quite sheer, but I don't mind that because you can build it to the coverage you want.

What I really love about it is that it doesn't sit in the open pores around my hairline - unlike so many similar creams or foundations.

The only thing I don't love is that it only has an SPF of 10, but I guess you can't have everything : )

Recommended!

Do you have a favourite pharmacy brand BB/CC cream?


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.