Lust Have It Winter Eco Box 2014 - unboxing and first impressions

/
0 Comments

I ordered this with LHI's May gift voucher and so paid only $9.95 for it (yaysers!). Mind you, I ordered it on 6 June and it didn't show up until last week - LHI actually had to send a second one to me since the first one didn't arrive. 

That's the third time in less than eight months that I've had an order go missing with LHI and it's had to be re-posted. Seems to be a lot, yes? I haven't had this issue with either Bellabox or Violet Box. One wonders what LHI's internal processing standards are like. And why do LHI's boxes take so long to show up after you get your dispatch email? That always stumps me. My LHI boxes usually show up a week or two later than the dispatch email; whereas with the other two subscriptions, the boxes show up within a couple of days. 

The mind boggles. Anyhoo.


So this is a pretty good box for $9.95, but I'm glad I didn't pay the full $29.95 - I wouldn't have been happy with the order. The box is fine, it's just not interesting enough. Hoh well. July's women's box was pretty great and you can't win them all.


What the fark is with the Hello Fresh vouchers, LHI? I'm yet to see anyone who actually wants/uses them - and even if you did use one, you can only use a voucher once so there's no point overloading us with them. My golly. What else is there to say?


Bille Goat Soap (RRP $8.95 for 100g; received full size)

So cute. I've read other reviews of this box and people say they almost don't want to use the soap because it's so cute - I feel the same. It's hand-crafted using fresh Australian goat's milk and natural oils. See below for the list of ingredients (click on the picture to enlarge it).


I won't be using the soap (as I've said before, I'm not a soap lass), but my husband will definitely use it and I'll update this review once he has, to let you know what he thinks.

UPDATE: A lovely, creamy soap. You can tell it's great for sensitive skin: it's gentle but still does the job well. Make sure you store it in a soap dish so it doesn't disintegrate too quickly. It also feels super nourishing. Big ticks.


Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser (RRP $9.99 for 125ml; received 50ml travel size)

Sukin's doing the beauty box rounds at the moment, and while I've seen a few items of theirs now, I'm not bored of them yet (unlike eg Aveda and ModelCo) and I'm pleased to have received this. I'm also pleased that the size of the sample is more than decent - you could almost call 50ml a full-sized item.

It contains chamomile, aloe vera, witch hazel and green tea - plus various other goodies. Looking forward to giving this a crack. I'll let you know how I go : ).

UPDATE: I'm loving this one. In fact, while I've only used a few of Sukin's products, I've loved those I've tried - particularly this and the facial mask we received in last month's Violet Box. It has a wonderful smell and cleans well. The consistency somehow feels velvety, though it's just your regular runny gel. More big ticks : )


Natural Glamour 2GLO Mineral Bronzing Powder, Winter (RRP $39.95 for 10g; received full size)

I don't care how good this product is or isn't - the packaging is cheap and bulky and looks like something from one of those crappy pharmacy brands like DB or Savvy. Seriously, what was Natural Glamour thinking when they designed this? Plus my bronzer showed up in all-sorts: you can't tell from the above photo, but the cardboard box had come apart and bronzer had spilled out into the plastic packaging of the compact (it doesn't really deserve to be called a 'compact' - that implies it's, well, compact) and when I peeled off the plastic, product went everywhere. In the below photo you can see some of the spillage - and I haven't even opened the insert yet.


See below - I've swatched it a couple of times on my wrist. The colour is fine, but I'm finding it hard to keep an open mind about this product since it looks/feels cheap and arrived in a bad state.


Note I've worn the bronzer once on my face and my first thoughts are: I like the colour but the product has no staying power. I'll give it a few more goes and let you know what I think.

UPDATE: My above thoughts remain the same - good colour, not good lasting power. And I can't get over the rubbish, cheap and flimsy packaging; honestly, it's that bad that you notice this and not the quality of the product. Avoid.


La Mav Bio A7 Firming Eye Lotion (RRP $39.95 for 15ml; received 2ml sample)

This is a decent sample size for an eye cream and I'm excited to try this product. Apparently it was awarded 'Best Eye Cream' of 2010 by Nature & Health Magazine. Maybe it's just me, but 2010 is a little too far gone for my liking (makes me feel the cream is old news or something). That's probably neither here nor there, though - if it's a good cream, then it's a good cream. It contains various goodies that are meant to increase elasticity, smooth lines and wrinkles, and lift/tone the skin.

I've used it twice now and it's nice and rich. The telling point will be whether, after a week's use, the wrinkle above my right eye becomes visible: with decent eye creams, there's no wrinkle; with shite ones, the wrinkle appears as if by magic. It's a bloody annoying wrinkle too, because most eyeshadows highlight it - so I'm trying to stave it off with good products for as long as I can! I'll keep ya posted ; ).

UPDATE: No sign of my eye wrinkle - waahhhoooo! I do like this but don't think I'll be rushing out and buying it. I've used better eye creams and, while this does the job well, it's not my favourite. Still, very glad to have tried it.

The Jojoba Company, 100% Natural Australian Jojoba (RRP $19.95 for 30ml; received 15ml sample)

Very happy with this inclusion. I love oils! I've been an oil junkie since I discovered Bio Oil when it first hit our shelves. My skin and hair tend towards dryness if not kept in check, so I'll definitely use this. You can use it on your lips, face, hands, cuticles, body and hair. As well as apparently being useful for various skin conditions (eg acne, rashes, sunburn etc), it also claims to reduce the appearance of scars, stretch marks and wrinkles. Geez I bloody well hope so. Ha.

UDPATE: Wonderful. As I've mentioned before, I'm a massive fan of oils. I used this on my hands, body and face and really loved it. It wasn't too greasy for me, more towards the dry oil category but not quite. It's quite a thin oil and absorbs well. Not sure about the smell but it wasn't terrible, just oddly distinctive (probably smells exactly like jojoba, a smell I'm not familiar with. Ha). I'd be looking into buying this if I needed another oil.


Karpati Bio-cellulose Eye Essence Mask (RRP $22 per mask; received one set)

My golly that's a lot to pay for a single eye mask! Better be a good one hehe. According to the product card, it's enriched with peptides to 'significantly improve' the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles (again, I bloody well hope so ; ) ). Apparently this is unlike any other eye masks on the market due to its diameter, and resembles human skin. Sounds interesting. Might give it a go tonight.

UPDATE: After using it I can say that, for me, it's no different from any other mask of this nature I've tried. I noticed no real effect after use, other than that my skin looked a bit nicer. There was no lasting impact and, if anything, this is one of the poorer eye masks I've used. I'd give it a miss.

Weleda Oat Replenishing Shampoo (RRP $19.95 for 190ml) and Oat Replenishing Conditioner (RRP $19.95 for 200ml) - received 10ml sachet of each

Boo sachets. Hoh well. I've been on the lookout for decent hair products recently, so I'm glad to have received another set of samples to try - I haven't had much luck with the ones we've received in subscription boxes lately (they haven't been heavy enough for my dry-ish hair), so hopefully these will fare better.

Both sachets contain oat extracts and jojoba oil (among other things) and are meant to hydrate and restore the hair. I definitely need a bit of that!

UPDATE: After using the samples, I really wish I'd received more product. For my long, dry hair, the conditioner was only enough for one use and the remaining shampoo was therefore used as a shaving gel (I prefer using matching shampoos and conditioners - they tend to work better together). But I really loved how my hair felt after using this and would likely have gone out to purchase these products if I'd had enough for two washes, just to confirm their effect on my hair. Boo! Hoh well. Maybe I'll receive more samples of these in future. Note that aside from the effect, I really loved the smell.

In sum

This was a decent box - not wonderful, not shitehouse. The big let-down for me was the crappy bronzer. I love bronzers but this one feels so cheap and tacky. Anyhoo. As always I'll trial things and update this post as I go.

What did others think of this box? I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it, in any event. I'm most excited about the Sukin cleanser and the jojoba oil.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.