St Tropez Gradual Tan Plus Anti-ageing for Face - review

/
0 Comments

From the Facelurk Bellabox Swap Group, I exchanged various products with a few different lasses. Two of those lasses sent me their 5ml samples of this one - I'd hoped that the total 10ml of product would be enough to warm up my face a bit and properly trial the item (5ml alone didn't feel like enough). The samples were included in some of March 2014's Bellaboxes.

Since this product claims to be an anti-ageing face cream as well as a tanner, I was looking forward to giving it a go and seeing how it performed on both fronts.

Claims
  • Youthful skin teamed with a luminous sun-kissed glow
  • Revolutionary formula containing active ingredients that reduce signs of ageing
  • Does not block pores; powerful enough to hydrate skin for 24 hours
  • Contains matrixyl Synthe 6, which has been proven to rejuvenate cells while boosting collagen synthesis
  • Acts to firm, rejuvenate and plump skin while lifting fine lines and wrinkles

The St Tropez Gradual Tan Plus Anti-ageing for Face retails for $39.95 (50ml) and is available here. Note however that you're better off shopping around for a better price: I've noticed eg that St Tropez products are on special at Chemist Warehouse at the mo.

Tanning power

Here's my skin before using the samples:


Here it is after getting through one 5ml sample of product:


As you can see, it's a bit darker and looks less red, even after only a week of use.

Here's my skin after finishing the second 5ml sample (around two weeks' use in total):


It's definitely darker and looks more even and less red. The photos might not show the change too well but I've had a few people comment on my skin over the last couple of days, saying I look browner or just better/healthier.

This is why I love tanning products: many of us do look a bit better and brighter when our skin is more tanned. For me, this is partly because when I'm tanned my skintone evens out and any redness is less apparent. Yay to that.

Verdict

Does this live up to its claims? Absolutely. Aside from the tanning action, it's a wonderfully thick and rich moisturiser - it's actually better than many high-end plumping/anti-ageing moisturisers I've tried. What it does (for me, anyway) is hydrate my skin so well that my fine lines all but disappear.

I like everything about it - the smell, the feel on my skin, the effects (both tanning-wise and plumping-wise) - and would definitely buy it. It's down on my list to purchase once I've trialled and used the two other tanning products in my stores (reviews to come).

For me, this stands out from other tanners I've tried and then some. Five stars : ). Thank god for tanners in winter - that's all I can say!

Do you have a favourite winter tanning product?


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.