Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in 030 Medium - review

/
0 Comments

It's quite difficult to show by swatches the amazeball-ness of this product, but I've had a crack anyway (see below) and I'll just have to say more about it than I otherwise might, in order to do it justice.

First, this is not my favourite face powder - that prize goes to the Bodyography powder I received in one of my Violet Boxes; however, that powder retails for a whopping $70 in Oz (it's totally worth the price, mind you, and will last you forever) so it's in a different category altogether.

Revlon's Nearly Naked is however my second favourite powder, and since I picked it up for the grand total of $12.98 at Priceline (on special), that has to count for something. The wonderful (or terrible, depending on how you look at it) thing is, I wasn't even intending to buy it. I went in to buy Revlon's Nearly Naked Liquid Foundation, a couple of samples of which I'd received in Bellabox and Lust Have It (review forthcoming) and loved. That day in Priceline, I saw that if you spent a total of $65 on any brand featured, you would receive a rather large bag of goodies. 

O_o...

On examination, I actually wanted some of the stuff contained in the bag so it seemed like an excellent deal (doesn't it always!?!?!?!) and the liquid foundation wasn't the only thing on my list. Happily both the products I 'needed' were from featured brands and I didn't need to add too much more to reach the $65 total. Hence I chose this and Revlon's CC cream, both of which were half price, and thus COMPLETELY justified my $65 purchase since I was OBVIOUSLY getting $10,962 worth of products that were absolutely essential to my collection.

Ahem. Guess I should start my review, yes?


Details
  • RRP $25.95 but do shop around (start with Priceline and Chemist Warehouse etc) and/or wait for a better deal
  • 8.01g of product - will last for ages
  • Six shades available
  • Rather ugly but functional and slim compact with little puff included (don't use that - use a brush) and a small mirror
  • Shelf-life: 24 months

Revlon claims
  • Extra-fine micro milled spheres, meaning an ultra-lightweight powder - feels like you're not wearing anything
  • Silky soft texture; for all skin types 
  • Great as a base product along with some concealer and ideal for touch ups
  • Natural finish; undetectable coverage
  • Blends seamlessly for a shine-free natural cover; non cakey

Verdict

Does it live up to Revlon's claims? Yes indeed. I can't rave enough about this. First, I generally steer clear of powder foundations because my skin tends towards dryness and powders can give me wrinkles I didn't realise I had, and flakes that weren't there before. This does not.

The powder gives that completely natural finish many of us seek, and looks like you're not wearing anything. It's your skin, only a better version of it. It's buildable, but don't build too much if you want to maintain the natural look and avoid the whole cakey thing. Sounds obvious, but it's worth saying.

See below swatch on my wrist. Hopefully you can tell the difference and the light-reflecting effect. Where my charming veins are is clean skin; below that is the powder. You can't see the powder itself (that's the whole point!) and it definitely adjusts to my skintone (the skin on my wrist is lighter than that on my chest). All you can see in both below photos is a better version of my own skin.


Below I've swatched it on my chest. You'll see the red mark on my neck (allergic reaction to a scarf) - I have little dots on my chest (sun damage, burst blood vessels, me deciding to play with my indelible red texta - who knows). Those dots are darker than the visible neck redness (which makes a good comparison) - and you can barely see them.

Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in 030 Medium

The other thing I love about this powder is that you can swirl your brush around and pick up quite a bit of product, knowing that you won't be overdoing it. I suppose that means it's not too pigmented - but it's not meant to be so I have no problem with that. You can build your coverage as you please.

In sum

What a product. Buy it (ha). Or otherwise, just drop into your local pharmacy and try it out ; ). Hopefully you'll love it as much as I do!

Has anyone else given this a go? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Do you have a favourite pressed powder?


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.