Elizabeth Arden Boost & Protect Kit: round-up with mini reviews

/
0 Comments

Hello all and welcome to this little round-up post of the above Elizabeth Arden Boost & Protect Kit, which I've been using over the past few months and have now finished. 

The kit contains:
  • Elizabeth Arden Superstart Skin Renewal Booster (30ml)
  • Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-aging Moisture Lotion with Sunscreens (15ml)
  • Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-aging + Intensive Repair Daily Serum (5ml)


I bought it primarily for the booster because I already knew I loved that, and I'm pleased I waited for sales since I ended up getting the kit for around half the price I might have paid for the booster alone - plus I received a couple of decent-sized samples to boot. It does indeed pay to keep your wallet temporarily closed sometimes ; )

If you'd like to see my initial unboxing post of this set - which contains more details about what each product claims to do for your skin - that post is here.

Otherwise, let's look at my mini reviews. Hopefully they're useful to someone : )


Elizabeth Arden Superstart Skin Renewal Booster (RRP $85 AUD for 30ml; received full size)

This product apparently helps restore the look of the skin's surface layer, fortifying its natural ability to repair and renew itself. Botanical grasswort extract supports the skin's natural moisturisation levels, while sea fennel and flawxseed extract reinforce the integrity of your skin's natural barrier. 

Full review here. When I wrote that review, I noted that I was almost ready to send the product straight to my HG list, but since I'd only used a sample and hadn't had a lot of experience with boosters at the time, I decided to wait before calling it something I couldn't live without.

I'm glad I waited (ha, there's that thing about waiting again... ; )), because although I do really enjoy it, I'm not sure it's the 'booster to end all boosters' and I would like to explore different brands/products before calling this one the booster that works best for me.

What's good about this product is that it makes an immediate difference to my skin, and I really believe it's working wonders because I can see and feel the benefits whenever I use it. 

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it's doing, but it makes my skin look refreshed, brighter and younger - as though I've just had a good facial or used a decent chemical exfoliant. Plus it comforts the skin, hydrates and boosts radiance, and I've noticed no irritation while using the product (my skin is dry/sensitive/dehydrated at the moment).

Huge ticks from me. A potential repurchase.


Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-aging Moisture Lotion with Sunscreens (RRP $175 AUD for 50ml; received 15ml)

This one's described as an antioxidant-rich lotion that should keep your skin protected from harmful sun and environmental pollutants. 

The formula aims to help your skin stay hydrated and supple while reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and discolouration. It also contains sunscreen, which is listed at SPF 30+ in the US but not listed as such in Australia because our standards are different (so eg here it might be around an SPF 20).

Given the price-tag of this product, I'm rather happy to report that I didn't like it at all: it was super greasy so it felt like it blocked my pores, and indeed I broke out while I was using it so I stopped applying it to my face and instead used it up on my neck and chest area.

That's probably not the most useful review, but it's definitely worth noting that it's unusual for a product to break me out (hormones etc are normally responsible for my blemishes), so I'd be careful of this product if you're acne-prone.


Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-aging + Intensive Repair Daily Serum (RRP $265 for 30 ml; received 5ml sample)

This serum apparently uses advanced technology with the most powerful antioxidants available to improve the appearance of fine lines and the visible signs of aging. It claims to lift and firm the skin, making it appear more radiant and addressing concerns such as sun damage, scars, wrinkles and age spots.

You guys know that I love a good serum, but I personally wouldn't spend $265 on one and I don't think that you need to - even though serums are one of the most important parts of my skincare routine (so I'm more likely to throw money at my serum than I am eg my moisturiser). 

Thankfully, the serum was nicer than the above cream and I do think it's a good product, but not good enough to warrant the price-tag - at least in my opinion. Indeed I've used products costing a fraction of the price that did more for me than this did. 

I felt it gave my skin some good nourishment but that's about it. The only other things I have to say about it are that it's surprisingly orange in colour and that I needed to apply more than I do other serums, so I burned through the sample all too quickly.

In sum

While I'm glad I bought this little kit because I'd wanted to buy the booster for ages, the kit as a whole didn't wow me and I wouldn't buy it again: other Superstart kits are available (eg they all contain a full-sized booster, but the smaller products vary), so while I might buy another kit for the booster, I wouldn't buy this one.

That's all from me for now. Let me know if you've had any luck with Elizabeth Arden skincare: it's not a brand I'm super-familiar with so I'm always up for suggestions on any 'hero' products.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.