Project Pan 2017 mini update #12

/
0 Comments

Well, I'd given up on writing a blog post today - full day at home with two sick kids, you know the drill - but Mum has just come to the rescue and done us the favour of taking both the dog and the toddler to the park. Huzzah!

Thanks Mum x

Must sneak in this little mini update while my baby son is asleep...


So yes, I've happily finished the above Chantecaille Lip Chic in Anais. I've really enjoyed using such a fancy lipstick over the last few months, but I'm also glad to cross another product off my list.

You'll notice that I've scraped out the inside of the lipstick this time. As you may know, I don't normally do that with lip products but in this case I did: I dropped a $50 Mecca gift card on it, so no way I was wasting a drop!

There's my marker sheet below:


You may notice on the marker sheet that it looks like I got through an awful lot of product in the last two weeks: this is because I slightly overestimated where the bottom of the bullet was, and also because I got so sick of applying the product with a lip brush (which I had to do once I'd gotten past the tip of the packaging), so I ended up scraping out as much as I could with a little spatula and adding that to the top of a half-empty tube of lip balm.

So I guess you could say that I haven't quite finished it because there's still a little left in the balm I'm now using, but it's finished enough for these purposes and it's time to work on something else.

Here are my two replacements:


Yep, I've opted for two more lip products: just because I get through those quickly enough and I wanted to keep my list moving with 'quick turnaround' products. 

I also do need to get through more lip products since I have too many and I promised myself this year that I'd get my lip collection down to more reasonable levels.

So, my replacements are:


Sportsgirl Pout About It! Lip Colour in Onyx

Full review here. As you may know, I love these Sportsgirl lipsticks: they're some of the best budget lipsticks on the market. That's what I think, anyway.

I'd been on the hunt for a black-based purple (I didn't want a shred of wine/red/burgundy in it) and I didn't want to spend a lot because it's not a shade I wear often - as indeed I haven't - so I was super pleased when I found this shade in Sportsgirl.

While I love the colour, it's not an everyday one for me but it is a good choice for the cooler months so I'll be happy to rock it most days until it's all gone. Looking forward. I reckon this will be done within three months.

 
Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 03 Nude Shimmer

Full review here. If you read this blog, you'll know that I don't love these as much as everyone else seems to - for no other reason than that I don't find them to be hydrating enough for my dry lips. This is why I prefer the balm versions in this range of products.

This one came in a GWP set so it's not a full size and I should get through it within a couple of months (it's 5ml). Wish me luck : )

In sum

That's all from me! Still can't believe I managed to get this little post out today: I'd given up hope.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.