May 2017 empties #1

/
0 Comments

Hello all and welcome to my first empties post for May 2017.

As you can see above, it's been a pretty good month so far and I've finished plenty of larger items already: indeed, there are so many large things that it was hard to get them all within one photograph!

Let's have a look.


Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser & Makeup Remover

Full review here. I really enjoyed this micellar water and I'm sad to see it go because it worked so well for my skin. Not only did it remove makeup better than many other micellar products I've tried, it did so without stripping my dry, sensitive skin. 

Yes it costs more than I would usually spend on a makeup remover, but you can always grab it when one of the big pharmacies is having a half-price sale, and I may just do that. Purchase? Yes.

Bio Oil

No doubt you've seen this show up in my empties posts before because it's an old favourite and I always have one in the bathroom. Full review here.

This one was sent to me because a PR rep for Bio Oil said she noticed that I'd just finished my Bio Oil in another empties post so she wanted to send me more bottles. How nice is that?! I was so excited, I can't tell you.

Anyhoo. This is a staple because it hydrates well and a little goes a long way so I don't get through the product too quickly, plus it has an impact on reducing scarring etc. Love. Repurchase? Yes.


Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Foundation in 2N-BP

Full review here. I really enjoy this foundation but this shade was way too dark for me (the perils of online purchasing) so I ended up sending it to Project Pan, just to get through it. 

No need to say too much more about it here because I've done that enough via Project Pan, but suffice to say that it's an excellent foundation and one to keep in mind if like me you struggle to find foundations that look natural on the skin. Repurchase? Yes.

Rohr Remedy Australian Wildflower Deodorant

I really didn't like this product: it didn't work so I had to layer it with other deodorants, just to get through it. Full review here.

While I'm all for natural deodorants in theory, like natural toothpastes I'm yet to find one that works as well as the ones we're all used to buying, so I'll continue to buy 'standard' toothpastes and deodorants until someone makes a natural version that actually works. Purchase? No.


Darphin Refreshing Toner

Full review here. I'm quite sad to see the back of this product and I'm missing it already. It's not that it was some crazy amazing results-packed toner, it's just that it was a nice and simple everyday product that smelled beautiful and was a pleasure to use.

It did remove that last layer of gunk from the face and it also toned well, but it was mainly just a fuss-free toner that I really enjoyed. It also wasn't expensive so I might have to go back for more. Love. Sometimes the simple things in life are indeed the best. Repurchase? Yes.

Banana Boat Soothing Aloe Mist After Sun Spray

If you haven't seen me talk about this one yet in favourites etc, check out my full review here. It's not designed as a 'makeup' product but it's one of the best setting sprays I've ever used and it only costs a few dollars if you can grab it on special. 

It hydrates, plumps and soothes the skin, plus it leaves a dewy finish that isn't too much and takes the 'edge' off your powders so your makeup looks merged and flawless. It reminds me in so many ways of MAC Fix+, only it's significantly cheaper and the bottle is huge. Repurchase? Yes.


Elizabeth Arden Superstart Skin Renewal Booster 

I really like this product, but I'm not yet sure it's the 'booster to end all boosters' and I would like to explore different brands/products before calling this one the booster that works best for me. Full review here.

What's good about it is that it makes an immediate difference to my skin, and I really believe it's working wonders because I can see and feel the benefits whenever I use it. It makes my skin look refreshed, brighter and younger - as though I've just had a good facial or used a decent chemical exfoliant. Plus it comforts the skin, hydrates and boosts radiance, so it's definitely one to test if you're interested in trying a booster. Repurchase? Maybe.

Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs

I've reviewed this here and I didn't need to read that review to remember what I didn't like about it: it doesn't clean well and it comes with some pretty ridiculous instructions about how to use it (something about creating a suction effect with your hands to get the product to work).

It's meant to be a soothing, gentle cleanser but I suspect I'm not the only one who finds it ineffective and annoying to use. Plus it leaves behind a residue that needs to be removed with another product. It does feel nice on the skin though, so that's something. Purchase? No.


Batiste Dry Shampoo, Tropical

Full review here. I did really enjoy the formula of this dry shampoo but the fake pina colada scent was a bit much for me (it was quite overpowering and it lingered) so I probably wouldn't buy this particular fragrance again.

What's great about this product is that it does exactly what it says it will do: it makes my hair look and feel cleaner and fresher, plus it adds body and texture to boot. It also makes my hair easier to brush so I think it has a detangling effect too, plus it adds some shine and makes my hair feel softer. Repurchase? Yes, but in a different scent.

Nivea Firming Body Lotion with Q10 Plus

This is a fantastic body lotion and it's a definite repurchase for me because it does exactly what it says it will do and it's not an expensive product so it's one to keep in mind if you're on a budget. I've reviewed it here.

It leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple, plus I've also noticed a slight toning and firming effect. More than anything, though, this manages dry skin like nobody's business and my skin always feels more comfortable when I'm using this. Love. Repurchase? Yes.

In sum

Not a bad bunch of empties! The best ones in this lot are the Nivea body lotion, the Banana Boat spray and the Darphin toner, but honestly I would buy most of the products in this round of empties so it was definitely a good batch.

Do let me know if you've finished anything amazing lately: I'd love to hear x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.