May 2017 empties #2

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my second empties post for the month!

I was going through my empties a few days ago to pick out the dozen or so empties I would include in this post, and I was surprised to discover a truckload of Project Pan empties that I hadn't yet sent to the recycling bin. So considering that it's a tight month in terms of time because I have a lot of work on, now is my chance to do them all in one hit and make this empties post a little shorter than usual.

So without further ado...


Project Pan empties

Yep, there they all are above. I'll comment on them briefly because I've already talked about them at length through Project Pan, but I'll include review links if you're interested in more details on any particular item.

  • Maybelline FitMe Concealer in 10 Light: Full review here. I don't mind this concealer but I don't love it as much as others do: I personally prefer Maybelline's Age Rewind version (reviewed here). This one's a little drying on me, which is why I prefer the Age Rewind.
  • Bodyography Oxyplex Loose Powders in Wheat and Cocoa Tan: These are fantastic powder foundations and I highly recommend them. They give great coverage and they don't dry out my already-dry skin. I've reviewed them here. Still, I'm glad to have finished them because you get a whopping 27g per tub so they lasted for years.
  • Davroe Straightening Balm: Full review here. This was not a good product. Thank god I've finished it. That is all.

Of these three products, I would absolutely repurchase the Bodyography foundations but not anytime soon: I'd like to try something else first. So that's a yes to repurchasing the Bodyography product but a no to the other two.


As for the other four items:

  • Chantecaille Lip Chic in Anais: Full review here. This was a lovely lipstick but it didn't convince me that high-end lipsticks are worth the money. Yes it's hydrating and yes it plumps my lips (the two things I look for most in my lip products), but I can find decent lipsticks in the chemist that do the same thing so I wouldn't buy this again.
  • Bodyography Lipstick in Seductress: This was also a nice lipstick but the colour didn't suit me so I was glad to get through it. I've reviewed it here. You can find these for mid-range prices so I'd be more likely to buy something like this than I would the Chantecaille product.
  • Mecca Fresh Faced Hydrating Primer: Full review here. I didn't hate this product but I also didn't love it because I expected it to be more hydrating (I mean, look at the title), and for me it was more of a smoothing primer. Not a bad product, just not what I wanted it to be.
  • John Frieda Frizz Ease Forever Smooth Anti Frizz Primer: This didn't work for me at all so I gave it a 'disappointing products' tag (see review here). I was however able to use it as a foot cream so all was not lost.

As for repurchasing, I probably wouldn't buy any of these but I'd be most likely to buy more of the Bodyography lipsticks if I could get them on special.


Maybelline Volum' Express Pumped Up! Colossal Mascara in 214 Glam Black

Full review here. When I first used this, it wasn't good at all because it clumped like crazy and I had issues with the fat brush (I always do, damn hooded eyes), but after a few weeks the mascara started performing much better, so it's obviously one of those formulas that's too wet to start with and improves with age.

After that it gave me clump-free lashes and delivered a good amount of length, and while it thickened the lashes a little, I found it was better for lengthening overall. It's not the best mascara I've tried but you could do a lot worse. Purchase? No.

Divine Woman Soothing Rose Toner

This was only a sample so I haven't reviewed it, but it came in a set and I'll eventually review the set as a whole. 

I've almost finished the four products now and this was the one I liked least: it wasn't awful but it just did nothing for me. I didn't feel that it toned well, nor did it remove that last layer of gunk from my face as well as other toners do. Plus it smelled weird: yes I could smell the rose, but it smelled a bit pungent and off. Purchase? No.


La Roche-Posay Micellar Water Ultra for Reactive Skin

This came from our recent edit of The Parcel (unboxed here) and I do think it's a decent micellar water: it worked better for me than some others I've tried, including Bioderma's. It cuts through makeup well and doesn't irritate my dry, sensitive skin.

Having said this, I prefer the micellars I've used from eg Avene (reviewed here) and Unani (reviewed here) so I'm more likely to buy those, or even Garnier's version (reviewed here), which is cheaper. Still, it does what it says it will do without 'upsetting' my skin so that's something. Purchase? No.

Korres White Tea Fluid Gel Cleanser

Full review here. This was fine for gentle morning cleanse but I've used similar cleansers before that I prefer. It's not that it's a bad product, it's just that it didn't grab me.

Still, it's not expensive and it doesn't foam or irritate/strip the skin, so if you need a simple cleanser for morning use then this isn't a bad pick. I wouldn't recommend it for makeup-removal, though: it did an ok job of that but I don't think it's best-suited to that purpose. Repurchase? No.

In sum

Hooray for more empties! It's been a pretty good month so far and I could have squeezed in a third empties post if I had time, but that will have to wait for another day.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.