Project Dent 2017 (update): Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette

/
0 Comments

Hello all and welcome to my next Project Dent update post!

Two weeks ago, I brought this Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette into Project Dent - not because I hadn't been using it enough (I use it heaps), but because I wanted to explore the palette a bit more and also make myself review it.

I've now done those things (see review here) and I'm ready to update you on the progress I've made in 'denting' the palette over the last two weeks.


These blushes are amazing: I can't fault them. If you'd like to see how one of them looks on my cheeks, see my review of Dim Infusion here.

The only 'issue' with this palette for me was that I don't like Luminous Flush on my cheeks because it pulls too pink on me (it can look more coral on some), but I've since discovered that it's one of the few pinks I can wear on my eyes without looking sick, so this is a more versatile palette than I'd first thought. Mood Exposure looks great on the eyes, too.

Anyhoo. Here's how my palette looked two weeks ago, when I first brought it into Project Dent (and note I've enhanced the photo for clarity, so don't rely on it for colour):


And here's how it looks now (enhanced):


Now for the individual pans.

I'll do enhanced shots because they show progress better.

Luminous Flush, two weeks ago (click on any image to enlarge it):


Luminous Flush now:


You should be able to see that I've worn away the top right corner a little bit (I used the pearl shade as a highlighter) and the texture on the top has also changed a touch (eg a couple of the air bubbles are now gone).

Incandescent Electra, two weeks ago:


Incandescent Electra (now):


This one's showing the most change, mainly because it has more of the pearl shade (and thicker stripes of it). What I did here was loosen bits of the pearl with a small brush, then I picked the loose bits up with a large brush and used them as a finishing powder for my whole face. So you should be able to see quite a few dips in the pearl stripes, throughout the whole pan.

Mood Exposure, two weeks ago:


Mood Exposure, now:


Again, I've worn away that top right corner and used the paler shade either for highlighting the face or the eyes. As with Luminous Flush, you should be able to see a few textural changes on the surface (eg, the air bubbles then and now), so while we can't see any definite flattening, we can see some use.

In sum

This was a great round of Project Dent: never once did I get sick of using this palette and I could honestly keep going with it, but now that my two weeks is up, I would like to focus on something else.

While it's not easy to see progress on domed, baked products like these in such a short space of time, in this case I've been able to make visible progress by using the paler parts of each blush for a different purpose.

All that's left now is to pick my next item to dent!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.