Pan that Palette 2017: July update (Nars, Stila etc)

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Pan that Palette update.

As with last month, I've pinched the opening shot from a previous post (because who really cares about that one), but the progress shots below I took this morning and they're the ones that matter after all.

Let's get straight into it.

Here's how my palette looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now, after another month's worth of use:


So I hit pan on five shades this month and also cleared out one pan completely. Not a bad month! 

You'll also note that, as promised in last month's update, I moved the remains of the large brown pan into that empty, medium-sized pan, then I refilled the large one with not one but two illuminators (these being Mary-Lou and Cindy-Lou from theBalm). What I did here was make the upper third Mary-Lou only, the lower third Cindy-Lou only, and the middle third a mix between the two.

Funnily enough, I like the mix the best of the three shades - which is good because I'd previously stopped using those two highlighters since I have others that suit me better in tone. But now I can't stop using them!

Let's look now at each side. 

Here's how the left half of the palette looked at the end of June: 


And here's how it looks now, end of July: 


So, the big news here is that I finished off that terracotta shade (square pan, middle), which I did by mixing it with the two Nars pans from Portobello (bottom left) and using the mix for bronzing. What I'll probably do shortly is throw those two Nars pans into one pan and keep using them that way, just to make it easier to pick up product with my brush.

With the Stila pans, you'll see that I've hit pan in both Sunset and Gilded Gold (from Stila's In the Light palette). Otherwise there's not much progress to report on the Stila section of the palette.

You'll note that I've cleared out quite a lot of that green-gold GA-DE shade (centre bottom), which has been easy enough to do because the shadow is so crumbly. I won't be surprised if I finish it off in August.

You'll also note that I've hit substantial pan in the Becca cream shade (the round pan), which isn't surprising because I use it not only as my base shade, but also to manage any oil breakthrough around my nose and chin throughout the day.

Please note that I've decided to throw Stila's Night Sky (that bluish silver, top middle) and the purple Nars shade into one pan because they look much better on my colouring when mixed, and since I'm not using either of them enough as they are, I might as well 'encourage' myself to use them more by making a new shade.

As for the other half of my palette, here's how it looked at the end of June:


And here's how it looks now, end of July:


Left side first: as mentioned above, that medium-sized brown pan is now the shade from the large pan that I use for my brows and also lining my lower waterline. Since I've been preferring slightly darker brows lately, I've put Stila's Sandstone (the dark brown, right) into that pan, which is why it's now empty. The grey Stila pan next to that is now empty because I used it up as a dry shampoo.

The So Susan lavender shade: you'll see I've made good progress on that this month, and indeed I did focus on that shade quite a bit. It's also been re-pressed and it was crumbly to start with so I see progress with each use. I expect to pan it in August.

The darker purple below it: this is another self-mixed shade and I often use it with the lavender for a purple smokey eye. This is also quite powdery and it's not super pigmented so I expect it to be gone in either August or September.

The round Becca and Ardency Inn pans at the bottom haven't been used much and the two large pans are the highlighters from theBalm I mentioned above and also theBalm's Hot Mama blush, which now has a dip in the middle so that's something. My aim with Hot Mama is to get it to the stage where I can re-press it into one of the empty Nars pans: I like it as an eyeshadow but not as a blush (it has too much gold shimmer for my personal tastes) so if I can get it there by year's end, I'll be happy.

As for my Stila cream contour duo, here's how it looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now, end of July: 


It's showing more progress than usual because I'm not only using it for contouring now - a couple of times a week, I also mix the shades and use them as a foundation. It doesn't look that good as a foundation on me but I don't mind that if I know I'm not going to be leaving the house on any given day. 

As mentioned in last month's update, I'll also eventually use the darker side by throwing it in with my illuminator to add a bronze glow underneath my foundation. I'm currently using something else for that purpose, but that's my eventual aim. Otherwise I'll never finish it.

In sum

I hope you enjoyed this little update. The last couple of months have been slow for me in terms of Pan that Palette but I can see things starting to vanish faster as the year progresses. Fingers crossed.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.