Project Pan 2017 mini update #20

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my first mini Project Pan update for July. 

I'm not surprised that it's taken me two weeks to finish anything off: I knocked out twelve products in June, so July was always going to be a slower month.


But we're here now, and as you can see, I've finished three things: my Stila gel blush, Moroccanoil hair treatment and Maybelline lipstick.

You can see the markers for the blush and hair treatment above, and the marker sheet for the lipstick below (it's on the far left).


They're definitely finished! I'm especially glad to be through the Stila blush because blushes take ages to finish, and this means I've moved another one out of my collection - a good thing because blushes are my biggest weakness and I have too many.

Those Maybelline lipsticks are my favourite formula so I'll definitely buy more in future, once I've finished more of the lipsticks I already own.

The Moroccanoil treatment I didn't like at all, so in the end I used it as a scalp massage oil prior to washing my hair, just to get through it. This is why progress moved faster recently, whereas before it was moving quite slowly.

As for my replacements:


I've picked four, including another primer, another liquid highlighter, another lip product and also a powder foundation.

Only one of these is full size because my list is already moving quite slowly so I needed to include things that I'd finish more quickly.


Like many, I always put a lot of thought into what products I'll pan next because not only do I need to make sure that I have a mix of things that will last for different amounts of time, but I also need to make sure that they're products I either love (but they're too old) or that I don't like but can live with.

Let's have a quick look at the ones I've chosen.


Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

This is an award-winning primer and I'd considered purchasing it but I'm glad I didn't because I don't like it. This little sample came in one of my Mecca Beauty Loop boxes, so it's good that I could test it without having to buy it and it's also good that this sample is only 7ml.

Mind you, even this little amount will last for ages. You can see above that I've marked it twice: this is because I was going to introduce it last month but then decided not to, and since then I've used it quite a bit so I needed to mark it again. You only need a little with this and I don't want to use it every day, so I expect to have this done by the end of August.


Japonesque Liquid Lights in 02

This came in a BeautyBay order and it's taken me a while to open it because I've been using other things. I haven't yet tested it enough to review it, but my first impressions are that it's not a super useful product for someone of my colouring (or lighter) for two reasons: first, I suspect it will be too dark for highlighting; and second, it's too peach so when I mix it with my foundation, it can change the tone and that's not what I want.

I have a feeling this will hang around for a while because I can't use much each time, so I mightn't finish it until September. We'll see.


Bodyography Electric Lip Slide in 1605 Berry'd Alive

Full review here. I love this product - both the formula and the colour - but I've had it for ages now and there's so much product that the only way I have any hope of finishing it is to pan it.

You don't need much each time and it lasts well on the lips, and I have 13g of product to get through so I suspect it will last until the end of the year - even with daily use, and even though I get through lip products quickly. If I can move it out this year, I'll be happy.


Nude by Nature Natural Mineral Cover in Medium

This came from the Parcel and it's now the only powder foundation I own. I haven't even opened it yet, but I decided to pan it because it's not a large size and it will be easy enough to finish.

I don't use powder foundation much (just for touch-ups) because I have dry skin and liquids work better for me, but it's useful to have a travel-size like this that I can throw in my handbag, so I'll test it and let you know what I think before finishing the sample. Knowing me, this will last at least three months. We'll see.

In sum

I hope you enjoyed this little post! I get super excited by finishing makeup items in particular these days because as you may know, I'm currently trying to get my collection down to less than 100 products, and I'm not far away now so every item I finish brings me one step closer to my goal.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.