July 2017 empties #2

/
1 Comments

Hello and welcome to my second empties post for July.

Please note: this post won't be quite as detailed as usual because most of the above products are Project Pan empties, meaning that I've already talked about them a lot so I'll keep things short and sweet.

Let's get straight into it.


Project Pan empties:

  • Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Medium: This is a good product but I'm glad I've finished it because I was ready to move on to something else. So far it's the nicest budget concealer I've found (especially for dry skin) so it's one I recommend. Full review here.
  • 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial in Spiced Rum: full review here. I like these eyeshadows/eye bases (I've been through two now) but this was also ready to go, so hurrah for panning. It sets beautifully and without shrivelling up my eyes, meaning it's another good pick for dry skin.
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Topaz: these are my HG liquid illuminators but gosh they take ages to finish so I'm glad to pan another one. In my humble opinion, these just can't be beat. Next up, Opal! Full review here.

I would buy all of these (so that's a yes); however not any time soon because I have too much stuff.


  • Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipcolour in 215 Totally Toffee: full review here. These are my HG budget lipsticks and I absolutely love them. This is the cream formula so I prefer it for my dry lips but the mattes are great too. Can't rave enough about them.
  • L'Oreal Nude Magique CC Cream, Anti Dullness: I used to love this product but it no longer works for me so I can't recommend it. Plus it absolutely stinks and it's the kind of smell that hangs around in a chemical, offensive way. No thanks. Full review here.
  • Hikari Lip Crayon in Macchiato: I loved the colour of this but not the formula because it was a bit drying - especially with frequent use - so I wouldn't recommend the product itself. But the orangey brown colour? It's almost worth buying it for that alone since I'm yet to find a dupe for it. Full review here.

So that's a yes to repurchasing the Maybelline lipstick but a no to the other two.


  • Sea2Skin Active Hydration Mask: full review here. This came from Maslow & Co and I really enjoyed it. Yes it was hydrating so it was good for my dry skin, but it also had a brightening and refining effect that made my face look fresh and healthy after use. Recommended.
  • Stila Aqua Glow Watercolour Blush in Shimmering Lotus: I loved the colour of this and the formula was great too - sheer and natural - but turns out I just don't use non-powder blushes so I was happy to get through it as a lip tint. I also wish that Stila hadn't put shimmer in this particular colour because it was really noticeable on the face, which isn't my cup of tea. Full review here.
  • Moroccanoil Treatment: I hated this. Full review here. It's had plenty of rave reviews but all it did was weigh my hair down and make it look dirty and ready for a wash (it did the same on my daughter's hair too). Blurgh. I used it up on my feet.

So that's a yes for repurchasing the mask but a no for the other two products.


Goodness Every Morning Moisturiser and Every Day Cream Cleanser

These came in a set and I've written mini reviews for both here.

I liked the moisturiser: it was a simple, no frills day cream that wasn't too heavy or too light for my dry skin. It was great for day use because it absorbed well and didn't change the finish of my makeup (so it wasn't too greasy). Indeed, it's a good ol' plain moisturiser that you could use over a fancier serum if you just need something standard to 'seal in' your more expensive stuff. Purchase? Yes.

As for the cleanser, I liked it well-enough but it wasn't my favourite for cleansing because it didn't remove makeup well, nor did it feel like it did a super good job of cleansing the skin. Still, I did quite like it and I don't think it's a bad product - it's just that I prefer the oils and balms I use for cleansing so a cream cleanser is probably a bit redundant for me. Purchase? No.


ASAP Daily Exfoliating Facial Scrub

This was ok. I didn't love it but didn't hate it either. It contains little grains that don't feel too harsh on the skin so I do think it would be ok for daily use, and it wasn't too much for my dry, sensitive skin.

Mind you, it was one of those 'meh' products that didn't strike me as very good or very bad, and while I do have another couple of 5ml samples of the product, I might end up sending them to a better home because I just don't need them. Purchase? No.

La Roche-Posay Redermic C10 Anti-ageing Serum

This came from the Parcel and I'm bummed that it was only 5ml in size because I liked it enough to put it on the 'maybes' list - but the sample wasn't large enough to put the product on the 'definitely maybes' list ; ).

What I liked about it was that it absorbed beautifully and felt super rich and nourishing, and I think it also had an effect on brightening/radiance too - which isn't surprising because it does contain vitamin c. Next time Priceline has a sale I might consider buying this, but I wouldn't pay full price ($69.95): you don't need to when pharmacies have frequent sales.

In sum

That's all from me! I hope you enjoyed this little post and that you're doing well with your own empties piles. There are few things more satisfying than getting through your products I reckon, especially the ones on your Project Pan list.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

1 comment:

Sameera Rao said...

La Roche-Posay Redermic C10 Anti-ageing Serum is a potent skincare solution. Infused with 10% pure vitamin C, it targets wrinkles, boosts collagen production, and brightens skin, delivering a rejuvenated complexion imported waterproof mascara price in pakistan
original milani foundation price in pakistan

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.