Sephora Australia birthday gift 2017 (Tarte) - unboxing

/
0 Comments

Hello all and welcome to this little unboxing post! 

My birthday was on 30 June, which means I've recently received birthday gifts from both Mecca and Sephora - so I thought I would do quick unboxing posts for each, just in case anyone's interested.

I've had a look online and some people mentioned having a choice for their gifts, but I didn't get one so I wound up with this little set from Tarte. Perhaps it pays to have a birthday earlier in the year, before some gifts are sold out.


Despite not having a choice, I'm quite pleased with this set: I've always wanted to try a Tarte blush but couldn't justify buying one because I have so many blushes as it is, plus I'd swatched a few in-store and wasn't enamoured with either their packaging or texture (I like my blushes to be soft and creamy: these ones are on the hard side).

Only thing is, you had no choice about colour and this one in Paaarty (we all got the same) is a muted, dusty pink. Pink blush doesn't suit me so I may not end up using it on the cheeks, but I can see myself depotting it and using it as an eyeshadow. I will test it on the face though, just to see what all the fuss is about.


Please note: I've edited these photos so they're not exactly true to colour. When I come to reviewing each of the products, I'll of course give you plenty of unedited shots in natural light, but these ones have been enhanced so the colours look a tiny bit richer than they do in real life.


So yes, you receive a Tarte Blush in Paaarty (1.5g), plus a Tarteist Lip Paint in Birthday Suit (1ml).

I haven't heard much about the lip paints but I'm assuming they're liquid lipsticks, and I tend not to wear those because I have dry lips and I like my lip products to be creamy. Still, I'll use and review it before deciding whether or not to keep it.


I must say, I'm pleased about receiving a birthday gift from Sephora this year. From memory, last year we only got double points on purchases during our birthday month, so hopefully this is the start of more perks for Sephora customers in Australia (and indeed Sephora AU has this year introduced a system so we can exchange points for samples, which we couldn't previously do).


Anyhoo. Just a short post from me today. We've come down to my parents' holiday house for a few days so I'm not sure how active I'll be from now until Sunday - it depends on how good the kids are!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.