Project Dent 2018: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next round of Project Dent for 2018.

This particular round of Project Dent has been a long time coming and I'm surprised that I've never focused on this product before: it's my favourite makeup item of all time, and if I could only wear one thing for the rest of my life, this would be it.

Yes, it's my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. The powder to end all powders.


I've owned and loved this product for years. Indeed, the only reason I haven't bothered denting it before is because I use it enough anyway so I haven't felt the need to focus on it. I would happily use it every day except that it doesn't come cheap so I save mine for use on weekends, which is why I haven't made a huge mark in it yet.

But it's time, now, to focus on it for a couple of weeks and see how much progress I can make. I'll also review it during that time so stay tuned for that if you're interested.


Worth noting now is that denting this powder will slow down my Pan that Palette challenge for a little while. As you may know, I'm currently panning my 2014 Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette, and I've been using the Mood Light portion of the blush Mood Exposure as a finishing powder (I've been scraping out the bits I want with a needle), so I'll stop doing that for the next two weeks while I'm focusing on this.

Yes that will slow down progress but I'm getting through Mood Exposure faster than I'd anticipated anyway - I'm using it for many different things - so I don't mind pulling back on that for a couple of weeks. It will still be waiting for me once I've finished denting Dim Light. 


Below is how my powder looks today, 11 February 2018:


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


And again:


Enhanced for clarity:


As you can see above, I've worn down most of the original surface pattern on the powder (minus the small rim you can see around the edges of the pan), but I haven't flattened it significantly and there's still plenty of product left.

My aim over the next two weeks it to use it daily and see how much progress I can make during that time. I'm not expecting to make much visible progress, but I do hope to see a few changes in the surface - especially changes to the air bubbles - so let's hope I can achieve that at least.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.