Project Pan 2018: mini update #3

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Project Pan mini update for the year!

I'm super excited to report that I've finished another two products, these being my Models Prefer Lip Lacquer in Hot Sand and also my La Roche-Posay Comfort BB Tint SPF 50+.

I wasn't a huge fan of either of these products, but they were usable and I was happy to pan them right to the end.


As you can see, my La Roche-Posay tinted sunscreen is definitely empty!

Once I'd used this enough to review it, I started mixing it with the other La Roche-Posay BB cream that's currently on my list, along with an illuminator to dilute the BB cream because it didn't work for me unless I mixed it with other products.

Before contracting contact dermatitis, I also occasionally mixed some of this tint in with my facial sunscreen to make that last longer.

It wasn't a bad product, but it wasn't for me: I don't have much use for a tint. Sunscreen yes, tinted moisturiser yes, but not something that offers no coverage and does nothing but dye me a darker colour.


Next, my Models Prefer lip lacquer. This was more of a gloss than anything else and while I didn't mind it, it did dry my lips out with frequent use so I'm pleased to see the end of it.

I didn't have much left to start with but it lasted a while anyway because I removed the stopper and scraped out as much product as I could. To do so I was able to use the applicator from the Bodyography product that's been on my Project Pan list because the applicator from this product wasn't long enough to reach the bottom of the tube (why do companies do that?!).

There it is again:


Speaking of the Bodyography product, over the past two weeks my lips have developed a few white under-the-surface bumps. As you may know, I've gotten these from lip products before and it usually happens when something I'm using has gotten a little old.

Now I'm not sure if it was the Bodyography product or this Models Prefer one that caused those bumps - yes the Bodyography product is older but this Models Prefer one smells funny (although perhaps it always did and I didn't notice the scent until I reviewed it) - so what I've decided to do is stop using the Bodyography product for now, wait until the bumps have gone and then reintroduce it. If I get the bumps again, I'll know it was the Bodyography. If not, it was the Models Prefer.

So, since I've effectively removed three products from my list (these two empties and the Bodyography lippie), I have three replacements:


First up, my Inika Certified Organic Pure Primer with Hyaluronic Acid (reviewed here).

I really enjoy this primer and indeed I've panned it before, but I have an unopened back-up (both came as GWPs) so I'd like to get through this one because I have too many primers.

Unfortunately this comes in a black tube that I can't see through or open, so I can't tell you how much is left and I can't mark it. However I do know that there can't be more than one-third of the original 30ml left because I've been using it daily for ages now.

Yes I have another primer on my list, but that's a silicone one and it can be drying now that my skin's in bad shape (boo contact dermatitis), so I like to whack this Inika one down first to keep my skin feeling hydrated underneath. I hope to be through it by the end of March.


Next, my Revlon Uniq One Hair Treatment. I've used this before and I didn't like it, but the sample I had was quite old so when we received one of these from the Parcel, I decided to try it again.

Unfortunately I don't like this either. I plan to review it soon, so stay tuned for that if you're interested.

There's how much I've used:


As you can see, I've used about one-quarter of the bottle. This leave-in treatment doesn't work for my hair at all but it does smell nice, so I'm going to use a spritz of it every day on an inconspicuous part of my hair (likely the underside) as a hair fragrance. I'll also use it to protect my hair before I take the kids swimming on Sundays.

I'm not sure how long this bottle will last, but I hope to be through it within a few months so I can move on to something else. I don't know how I always end up with so much haircare, but I do - so you may well see another couple of haircare items on my list in the near future.


Next, my Alpha-H Absolute Lip Perfector.

I've owned this lip balm for a while and I'd initially planned on decluttering it because it contains peppermint oil and I have an intolerance to peppermint (it stings my lips, to the point of burning them), but I've worked out that if I mix this with something else when I use it, that 'dilutes' the peppermint sting so I can tolerate it - and the stinging does fade after a while anyway.

There's how much I have left:


As you can see, I've barely touched this so I'll be using it for a good while. I don't mind that because the other two lip products currently on my list will be finished faster than that, and this one is clear so I can pair it with any other lip product I want to wear for the day.

I also need to review this lip balm in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for that it you're interested.

In sum

That's all from me. I hope you enjoyed this little post and that you're going well with your own panning projects.

Do let me know in the comments if you're doing Project Pan this year, and include any links so I can follow you too.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.