June 2018 favourites

/
0 Comments
I just realised that I missed my monthly favourites for May. Oops! Apologies. Guess I got a little too lost in the grind of things (I've had more work on than usual) so I suppose it's not that surprising.

Hence this post will look at the products I've used over the last two months instead of one and I'll be choosing my top five from those. Perhaps it will be a more streamlined list, and therefore a more useful one.

In no particular order...


Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream

Full review here. This isn't my favourite Antipodes product, but I have enjoyed using it so it deserves a mention for that reason alone.

It's a thick, rich cream with a sweet mandarin/vanilla scent. I like the texture because it feels beautifully soothing and cooling when applied, although it is quite thick and I'm not sure that it's the best hydrator because not all of it absorbs. For this reason, I've preferred to use mine as an overnight cream: I need something lighter and more nourishing for day use.

Still, I look forward to using this every evening and there's a lot to be said for a product that you enjoy the experience of using (especially if it's not super expensive), which is why I'm mentioning it here. It just feels lovely on, so it's a stand-out for that reason.


Cure Natural Aqua Gel

This is one of those products that's been raved about in the beauty community a lot so I was pleased to finally try it. And you know what? It works. I've reviewed it here.

It's a gel product that you apply to your face after cleansing and it's meant to lift up dead skin cells, which it definitely does - the top layer of your face balls up, as horrid as that sounds, and fresh skin is exposed underneath. 

The result is smooth, soft and resurfaced skin - all achieved without the use of harsh grains or chemicals. It's something of a miracle, I must say, and it's one to consider trying because it's the only product of this nature I've tried to date that actually works. The others have all balled up themselves on my skin but have done nothing towards resurfacing.


Marc Jacobs Air Blush Soft Glow Duo in 502 Lines & Last Night

Full review here. I own three of these blushes and love them all, but this tangerine shade remains my favourite. I also love the golden highlighter it contains and it's one of those blushes (and highlighters) I reach for when I want to look my best.

I love how soft and silky the formula is, and how easy it is to apply and diffuse. I also love how airbrushed it makes my face look, and while it's not quite as good as Hourglass blushes in that respect, it's very close.

Plus the colour of this particular shade is so bright and happy that it always gives me a lift, which is why it remains my favourite of the three I own. Do test one of these if you're a blush fan: yes they're expensive, but you're unlikely to be disappointed.


Sukin Super Greens Cleansing Oil

This is one of those products that I really enjoy using, even though it's not the most effective cleansing oil on the market. I've reviewed it here.

Indeed, I gave it a pretty bad review and I do stand by that because it's not brilliant and it's also difficult to wash off, but I have to give it points because I love putting it on my face and enjoy the experience of using it, so it deserves at least some credit for that.

It has a very strong, sweet/green smell and it's also very thick, so it mightn't suit those who don't like heavier oils or prefer something without a scent (even a natural one like this). Still, I always look forward to using it and it keeps my dry skin feeling comfortable in the morning (I use it as a kind of mask before going back later and washing it off) so that says something.


Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask

Full review here. This is one of those products that most people in the beauty community would have heard about by now and it's a favourite for many.

For this reason I was really looking forward to trying mine and while I do enjoy it, it's not anywhere near as hydrating as I thought it would be so I wouldn't call it my HG like many do. 

Sure, it does stay put well so I only need to apply it once and it has made my lips more tolerant to lipsticks etc during the day, but my lips always feel dry underneath the product and it doesn't absorb as well as I'd hoped so I'm not going to rave about it like everyone else seems to. Mind you, it has made my lips feel more comfortable during the day (even though I only use it at night) so that's why it has earned a place in this month's favourites.

In sum

That's all from me. It's been an odd little favourites post because two of the products (from Antipodes and Sukin) aren't necessarily ones I would buy again - it's just that I look forward to using them so they've earned a spot for that reason.

It's also been quite a starved couple of months for favourites because I've been reviewing less products, and I usually look at what I've recently reviewed in order to pick out my favourites each month so I've been operating with a smaller pool of products to choose from.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.