Project Dent 2018: Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next round of Project Dent!

Given that I've just finished another bronzer, I've decided to dent one of the bunch I still own before bringing another one into Project Pan so I can attempt to finish it before the end of the year.

As you can see above, I've picked my four minis of Benefit's Hoola, which I've banged together in one of my custom palettes to make a 'full size'.

There it is again, enhanced:


I haven't reviewed this bronzer yet and I need to, although it will depend on whether I can find the time over the denting period to edit the photos I took ages ago and then do the swatches before the review.

I have a lot on my plate so the review may have to wait this time. We'll see.

What I can say is that I really like it and it's a great colour for me in the autumn and winter months - but I need to ensure that I've set my base as much as possible; otherwise Hoola won't blend well.

So if I'm rushing and don't have time to set my whole face completely, on those days my face will look patchy and odd so I've had to go in with another bronzer to manage that issue.

There it is again:


As you can see above, I de-potted mine although I didn't do it very successfully and three out of four pans cracked. Oops! 

I'd thought that because they're minis, they would be easy to pop out of their pans - and indeed the first one came out easily so it lulled me into a false sense of security. Hoh well, never mind.

I do enjoy this bronzer so I'm looking forward to denting it. 

While it's a little pale for me when I'm at my darkest, it's winter now and I'm at the light-medium end of the spectrum at the moment so this will be a good product to use for the next couple of weeks. I do still need to build it, though, so I expect to see some reasonable progress over the denting period.

There it is again, enhanced:


My aim over the denting period will be to wear down the patterns and cracked portions of all four bronzers (in particular the three that are cracked, since the one in the bottom-right corner has a smoother surface than the others - and I did start using that one first).

I'm also hoping that the cracked ones can be worn, and that I won't lose any chunks of product as we go. If so, I'll just crush them and use them loose, or if any of the pans aren't structurally sound, I'll just go ahead and re-press them after the denting period.

Looking forward! Wish me luck.

I can't wait to get stuck into this product: in part because it's in the tray on my desk so I won't need to go up and downstairs again this morning for the sole purpose of bringing down yet another product to place on my makeup table.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.