Makeup wishlist: June 2018

/
0 Comments

I realised this morning that I haven't done one of these wishlist posts all year, so it's high time I did so! 

As you may know, I was recently on skincare and makeup no buys for around six months, and since June is my birthday month, I've lifted those for now and I'm currently considering what I would like to make people buy me for my birthday (ha ; )).

Drum roll please...


* Image courtesy of temptalia.com

Marc Jacobs Eye-conic Multi-finish Eyeshadow Palette in Fantascene

Now I already own three of these palettes so I know that I love the formula, and just look at how gorgeous this one is!

It's limited edition (hence the white packaging), and believe it or not, I don't have colours like this in my collection - aside from the standard cream and dark brown mattes. Even that taupe is different in undertone from the few taupes I own, and I need more taupes in my life because I use them all the time.

My husband has already been instructed to buy this for my birthday. 

He has also been instructed to buy this:
* Image courtesy of temptalia.com

Marc Jacobs Eye-conic Multi-finish Eyeshadow Palette in Frivoluxe

Correct! I want yet another one. Now before you say 'Jane, that's too many eyeshadow palettes' - well yes, I do have a reasonable amount but I don't have bundles of them because I'm incredibly picky with eyeshadows, given my hooded, 37yo eyes (many formulas are ageing on me and many don't last well, given all the lid/hood transfer that happens throughout the day, primer or not).

Also, there are plenty of eyeshadow shades that I would like to own but don't yet, and this palette contains five of those (everything besides the pearl and pink: I have those already). 

Suddenly it's looking like a good buy...

Also, that last shade - which I would call a hybrid dove grey/lavender taupe - is a shade I haven't seen before and I'm obsessed with it. Indeed, when I swatched this in Sephora and showed my husband the swatches, he told me to buy it for that shade only because he loved it, even though I hadn't mentioned my obsession with it yet (my golly, talk about enabling ; )). 

Can't wait to get my hot little hands on this one. Happy birthday to me.
* Image courtesy of cultbeauty.co.uk

Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Bronzer in Saddle

I've been desperate for this particular shade ever since I first saw the swatches. Why? Because it's got that golden undertone I've been searching for ever since I finished my old Stila Sun Bronzer in Dark. 

While you would think that so many bronzers exist on the market that it'd be easy to find dupes of any brown that takes your fancy, with this shade, it's not. Believe me, I've searched to the moon and back.

I've also heard that the formula is fantastic and I trust ABH as a brand so this bronzer will be MINE. Unfortunately these bronzers always seem to be sold out at Sephora, but I don't mind waiting for this: it's permanent and I do have other bronzers that I would like to finish before adding more to my collection.

Give me a few months. I can wait that long. I think.


* Image courtesy of allure.com

Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

This is one of those eyeshadow palettes that many have chosen to skip because it's a little 'boring/standard' - by which they mean that they already own these colours so there's no point buying another neutral palette.

While that makes complete sense, most of the shadows in this palette aren't similar enough to the ones in the few palettes I own, so it will fill a gap in my collection because I want these shades!

Plus Soft Glam is apparently in line with the formula of the ABH Modern Renaissance and Mario palettes (that is, not the Subculture), so in many ways I feel like this is the ABH palette I've been waiting for: it contains the kinds of colours that I would use every day.

I also like that it's matte-heavy while still offering some options for shimmery lid colours. I don't plan to buy this palette until I've panned more of my eyeshadows via Pan that Palette, but it's on the list.


* Image courtesy of thebeautylookbook.com

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors in Lilac Geode and Smoky Quartz

I know, I know - I need another highlighter like I need a hole in the head. But I don't own anything like Lilac Geode or Smoky Quartz, and they look like they might be the same formula as Prismatic Amethyst (given the geometric pattern), which happens to be the best highlighter I own from Becca and it's also one of my HGs.

Why? Because unlike my old Becca Opal and Champagne Pop, Prismatic Amethyst doesn't emphasise texture and it's also more subtle so I don't need to be as careful with my brush as I do with those.

Sadly Smoky Quartz isn't available yet in Australia, but in any event, I've decided to hold off on buying that shade and also Lilac Geode because I'm hoping that Becca might release them in one of its holiday palettes that don't contain truckloads of product (who needs 8g of highlighter that you can't hope to finish in one lifetime?!).

I'll also test them first of course to confirm that they're the same formula as Prismatic Amethyst; otherwise I'll skip them.


* Image courtesy of mecca.com.au

Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint SPF 15

This has been on my wishlist for a year now and the only reason I haven't bought it yet is because I've been on a makeup no buy for the last six months, plus I didn't want to buy it before I'd finished the tinted moisturiser I'm currently using.

I've been through so many sachets of this product by now that I know it's the right base for me - it's incredibly natural on the skin, and while it's more like a foundation in terms of coverage, you can really sheer this reformulated version out so it gives me the light/medium coverage I'm after (the original version didn't sheer out in the same way).

Can't wait to own it! Soon, my pretty, soon.


 * Image courtesy of mecca.com.au

Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder

I feel like I've been waiting for this product ever since I first tried Hourglass Dim Light. While I'll always use Dim Light as my finishing powder (because it takes years off my face and offers a believable, natural glow to my dry skin), what's been missing from Hourglass' collection until now is a setting powder that I can use to take the edge off the shiny finishes of the tinted moisturisers I typically use.

I'll own this asap, no doubt about it! I would just like to finish the RCMA setting powder I'm currently panning first. While I love the RCMA product, it doesn't minimise the look of pores and I bet this Hourglass one will.

And just look at how gorgeous that packaging is. (Yeah ok, not really relevant, but you know...)


In sum

That's all from me! 

I hope you enjoyed this little post, and I'd be interested to hear what's on your makeup wishlist at the moment: do let me know in the comments.

Also note that I won't be buying everything in here immediately, but I'm hoping to get my hands on most things within the next six months or so as I finish items in my collection and have room for new products.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* Opening and closing images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.