Project Pan 2018: June update

/
0 Comments

It's always nice to start off a Project Pan post with a couple of empties. As you can see above, this month I finally finished my Skinstitut mask and also my J One primer, both of which I've been panning for months.

Note: so little was left in each tube that I kept a couple of uses after cutting them open, just so I wouldn't have to write mini updates only a few days after this post. In any event, they'll both be gone by the end of June - indeed, I finished the primer today (these photos were taken two days ago).

As for the rest of my list:


Above you can see:

  • MUFE Ultra HD Foundation in Y305
  • RCMA No Colour Powder
  • Laura Mercier Baked Powder in Highlight 01
  • Urban Decan Anti-ageing Eyshadow Primer Potion
  • The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10%
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Raspberry Tart
  • NYX Turnt Up! Lipstick in Free Spirit
  • Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in 555 Naked Coral
  • Skinstitut Enzymatic Micro Peel
  • J.One Jelly Pack
  • Mecca Cosmetica Lit From Within Illuminating Drops
  • Chantecaille Just Skin Anti Smog Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15
  • BareMinerals BareSkin Serum Concealer in Medium Golden
  • Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed

So I've finished seven items in total this month and I'm pleased with that amount: last month was so bad that I was hoping for a much better month this time around. Thankfully that happened.

As always, let's have a quick look at each item in turn.

First up, my Laura Mercier highlighter, as it was last month:


And now:


It's hard to see progress on a smooth, domed product like this. Do note, though, that we'll be seeing some significant progress next month. Why? Because this morning I finally scooped out, crushed and re-pressed about 1g of product into an eyeshadow pan to retain for comparison swatches in future.

As you may remember, I promised myself I would do this at some point this year so I could keep the product on-hand for photos (I have a franken-palette of popular shades, and this is definitely one of those). Also, while I'd thought I'd keep 0.5g, instead I went for 1g because I want the reserved product to last forever and you do need to build it in swatches so that's why I thought more was better.

Do note I hit pan when I followed my 'natural' brush dip with my scooping instrument, so don't be surprised when you see that next month!


Next up, my MUFE foundation and Becca tinted eye primer.

While it looks as though I've used a tonne of the foundation since I introduced it early in June, please note that I'd just filled the little container I use for mixing this product (with whitening drops and also liquid illuminator) and that mix lasts me a week or two, so I haven't used as much as it appears. Yet.

As for the Becca, now that I can no longer use it as a base darkener, I've started using it occasionally as an eye primer (on days when I'm not using the Urban Decay one below), and I've also discovered that it gives a credible tanned look to my face if I use it as a kind of primer. This is good because my body is always darker than my face, so this brings them closer together.


Next, lip products. I haven't bothered marking the NYX Butter Gloss because that was a more recent introduction and I doubt I've made much progress since then. We'll see how it looks at the end of July.

As for the NYX lipstick, you'll see my marker sheet below. I haven't made much progress when you consider how quickly I usually finish lip items, but I don't mind this because the next lip product I'm introducing is a pink tinted balm - so this will mix well with that and make the colour more coral (pink doesn't suit me).


There's the NYX marker above.

Looks as though this will last me around four months.


Next, my RCMA setting powder. 

If you're wondering how I'm getting through this so quickly, it's because I use it to set the entire area of skin that I apply sunscreen to daily, which includes my neck and upper chest. I do this so I don't look greasy (the sunscreen I'm currently using is super greasy).

While I don't use tonnes of powder per application because I still like to look glowy (typical dry-skinned lass!), I don't like to look shiny. A light dusting of this powder achieves the look I'm going for.


Next up, my lactic acid from The Ordinary and eyeshadow primer from Urban Decay.

I haven't bothered re-marking these because they were recent introductions and I'm not seeing much use on either, but I hope to have some good progress showing by the end of July. 

Indeed, it may be that the lactic acid is gone by then because I only use it as a mask, and since I've just knocked out the last mask from my list, I have the space to use it more often.

As for my replacements:


I've picked three, even though my aim is to keep my list at no more than ten products, for the simple reason that I know I'll be finishing at least two products this month so I wanted to introduce an extra one now.

Let's have a quick look at each one. 


First up, my Pur-lisse Blue Lotus Seed Mud Mask.

This came in a Maslow & Co box and I only opened it around six weeks ago after finally finishing off some other masks I was using. I've used it once a week since then and I'll now start using it twice a week so I can review it - and, I suspect, finish it off before the end of July.

Fingers crossed! 
   

Next up is an old favourite, being my Inika Certified Organic Pure Primer with Hyaluronic Acid (reviewed here).

I have no interest in rushing through this because I love it, however it's currently the oldest primer I own so it's next up on the chopping block. In any event, it's cold here and this primer is beautifully hydrating so now's the time to start using it daily. Looking forward!


Last up, my Australis Matchmaker Shade Adjusting Drops (Lightening). Including these was something of a no-brainer because I'm using them every time I use the MUFE foundation anyway, given that it's in my summer colour so it's a hair too dark for me at the moment.

I'm around halfway through the bottle and I have no idea how long it will take me to pan this. It may be a matter of whichever goes first: this or the foundation. We'll see.

In sum

Phew! These posts always take me a few days. First, taking all the photos. Second, editing the better ones of those photos and then settling on the best from the 'better' list. Third, the writing of it. I'm glad to be done for another month.

Do let me know in the comments how you're going with your own panning challenges: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.