Five good things: August 2019

/
0 Comments

It's a little early for a monthly positives post, but I don't feel like writing any reviews this morning so I've decided to sneak this in.

Plus I have a bundle of work that I need to do this morning while the kids are in care, so I wanted to choose a post that wouldn't take me too long to write.

Let's get straight into it.


My parents are taking the kids this weekend

Yes that's right. We have an entire weekend without the kids coming up, since my parents will be taking them on Friday and Saturday nights. Woot woot! We won't know ourselves.

While we've had a night away from them before, we've never had a whole weekend so this will be a new experience for us. We're either going to go away (my folks have a holiday house in Lorne) or otherwise we'll just stay here and do some nice dinners and a movie.

The idea of being able to do what we want for two nights running (and not have any kids waking us up overnight) is something I can barely fathom at the moment. Looking forward.


I'm probably going to wind-up Pan that Palette in a few weeks

I'm a hair's breadth from finishing my Too Faced palette, and while initially I'd thought that I would just introduce another eyeshadow palette once I'd panned it (noting that I'm still working on a custom palette filled with various things), what I now think I'll do is just close down the challenge for the year.

Reason being, although I've cycled through the rest of my collection at least once each via Project Dent this year, I have a bundle of eyeshadow palettes sitting around that I haven't used enough because I've been too busy panning other things. And since I want to do Pan that Palette again next year, I would prefer to open things up and just use what I want until I start the challenge again.

So expect to see an end to that project soon, followed by an eyeshadow-heavy few rounds of Project Dent. Looking forward.


We've had a lot of rain lately

While it's been absolutely freezing for the last five days and that's not a good thing (I just can't kick the cold from my system), the flip side is that we've had plenty of rain and my garden is certainly happy about that. Bet others' gardens are too.

Earlier in the year we weren't getting enough rain (I expected more during autumn especially) so I was out there a lot pouring rainwater everywhere - which got very tiring, very quickly. Gosh the trees and plants needed it though.

Now, things are looking more green and healthy, and while I can't wait for this cold spell to vanish, at least the garden is looking better for it. It's the small things.


The blossoms are out

Although the weather has made spring feel so far away, Mother Nature appears to know what's what and the blossoms are out in force.

All our citrus trees are covered in little buds, and I can see buds on some of the flowers too. Our neighbour's garden has the same feel, and he mentioned that you can always tell when spring's approaching because the birds start waking earlier. He's right.

There's something about the onset of spring that I've always loved, and I look forward to it every year. Before the summer gets too hot, before we're complaining about forty degree days and sunburn, there's a moment every year when that first patch of warm sun hits and everything just feels better. Hooray to that.


The 40ths are starting

A lot of my friends will be turning forty within the next two years. We've already had a couple of 40ths this year and there's more to come, and next year will be the big one with a bundle of us turning 40 in one hit.

What's great about this is that we'll have plenty of events on and the opportunity to see everyone at once. The same thing happened when we all turned 30 and then wedding season was not long after, so over a period of say three years, we were able to see everyone a lot - including people we mightn't otherwise see that often.

Since then, however, we haven't had many big bashes and most of us have young kids so we just haven't had the steam to throw large parties and worry about babysitters. The 40ths will give us that opportunity, though, and I'm choosing to focus on that positive rather than asking myself how I'll feel about hitting a new decade. Ha.


In sum

That's all from me.

I hope you enjoyed this little post and that you have plenty of your own positives for the month. Do let me know in the comments if so: I'd love to hear.

Now, to make a start on this work...

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.