Mecca Beauty Loop box, winter - unboxing

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another unboxing post.

This is the last one on my list for now (phew) and I'm glad I'll finally have all five done once this one's up.

I'm also super excited about this particular box because it's one of the best boxes I've received from Mecca and it may even be the absolute best to date. Woot woot!


You can see all four items above. 

It's more of a skincare box although it does contain a mini of Hourglass' fabled setting powder, which I do own but it's always nice to have a travel-size for the hand bag.

Here's what we got:


Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder (RRP $29 for 0.9g or $70 for 10.5g; received 0.9g sample)

This claims to be a weightless, vegan finishing powder that will instantly blur imperfections and set makeup. Offers an airbrushed, luminous-looking complexion that lasts all day. Finely milled and with a light-reflecting, soft-focus finish, this powder ensures invisible wear on any skintone. 

As mentioned above, I already own the full size but I haven't used it enough yet to have formed an opinion on it (it is beautiful though and I love the packaging). Problem is, I've been too busy panning other things to stick a brush into mine much! This will change soon however because I'm about to finish the setting powder I'm using.


Origins Original Skin Retexturising Mask with Rose Clay (RRP $41 for 75ml; received 30ml sample)

This is described as a mask to promote a healthy glow and refined skin texture. It should leave the complexion looking luminous and healthy, and it's paraben and sulphate free. Enriched with rose clay, willow herb and exfoliating jojoba beads, this mask claims to smooth skin and reduce the look of pores.

I need another face mask like I need a hole in the head, but this one's had some great reviews so I'm looking forward to trying it. What I need to do is stick a mask or two into Project Pan to encourage myself to use the ones I have more often. Watch this space.


Sunday Riley C.E.O. Antioxidant Protect + Repair Moisturiser (RRP $99 AUD for 50g; received 8g sample)

Ultra-lightweight and fast-absorbing, this deeply hydrating cream claims to visibly brighten the skin and support natural collagen production. It should protect your skin during the day and repair it overnight, and it's enriched with potent, lipid-soluble, advanced vitamin c - which is more stable and less irritating than other vitamin c derivatives. It should fight the five signs of environmental and pollution-induced skin damage: sensitivity, dehydration, dullness, uneven tone, and premature lines and wrinkles.

This cream has had some great reviews so I'm looking forward to trying it. Mind you, I hope I don't like it too much because it's not cheap. We'll see.


Drunk Elephant Slaai Cleanser (RRP $52 AUD for 110g; received 13g sample with Bamboo Booster sachet 1g)

This is described as an innovative cleansing balm that transforms from oil to milk upon contact with water, melting away impurities, makeup and sunscreen from the skin. It's gentle enough to use around the eyes and it should cleanse deeply without irritation. Antioxidant-rich fruit extracts and oils create the base for this balm, helping to soothe skin, while the blend of African oils, including marula, baobab, kalahari melon, mongongo and ximenia ensure the complexion is nourished.

This sounds good to me, and while it's not cheap, it's not the most expensive cleansing balm on the market and it's not as much as I expected it to be, given it's from Drunk Elephant. Looking forward to trying it. I also like that you get a sachet of the booster to use along with it, and from the looks of things, you get a 3g tube of the booster along with the full-sized product.

In sum

That's all from me.

I can't wait to use these goodies so I'll have to do another larger samples post soon, although I still need to post my third one of those (I'm so behind with everything these days), so these products won't be in circulation for another few months.

Do let me know in the comments if you received this box and what you thought of it if so: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.