Pan that Palette 2019: August update

/
1 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Pan that Palette update!

I'm super excited about this one because I'm on-track to finish my Too Faced palette next month, and I'm fully expecting it to be gone by September's update.

If so, it's early enough in the year that I may have to make a start on another palette... We'll see.


What's great about this palette is that I haven't grown sick of it throughout the entire panning period, and that's saying something. Sure, I had a good head-start when I introduced it at the beginning of the year, but I don't think that made a difference.

Overall it's been a pleasure to use, and while I'll certainly miss it, I don't need it in my collection anymore and it's becoming old so the pigment has started to go over the last couple of months.

Anyhoo! Here's how my palette looked last month:


And here's how it's looking today:


So I cleared out Chocolate Cookie this month, which I was expecting to do. I also kept a couple of those crumbled bits and put them in a little pot so I can search for dupes in Inglot because I love that shade and I'll miss it the most.

As for the three remaining shades, I've made decent progress on them all and I suspect I'll be finishing them perhaps a week before my next update - simply because the pigment isn't strong on any of them so I need quite a bit per application. 

Can't wait to send this one packing!

Next, my custom palette, as it was last month:


And today:


As always, let's work in sections.

My Kevyn Aucoin eyeshadows, as they were last month:


And today:


So you should be able to tell that I've expanded the pan slightly in all three of those shadows that are showing pan. I won't be able to finish these this year, but I'll certainly get them ready to be finished next year.

The other shades aren't showing a huge amount of progress, although I have used all four of them over the past month.

Next, my Kevyn Aucoin bronzer, as it was last month:


Today:


What happened here is that the chunk in the bottom left corner fell out, so I've put that aside for when I'm ready to re-press the remains of this powder into an eyeshadow pan (because I don't have a warm brown in my Kevyn Aucoin custom palette and I want one).

As for what's left, while I don't think I can finish it this year, I do think I can reduce it in size enough that the remains will fit nicely into an eyeshadow pan. Looking forward.

My Becca (and other) shadows, as they were last month:

 

Today:


So you can see that I've used all four of these over the past month, and I may well be able to finish that matte brown (top left) by the end of the year. As for the other three shades, they'll be around for a while longer yet. I might be able to finish them next year. We'll see.

Last up, my remaining round pans, as they were last month:


And today:


So I've finally cleared out Nars Sin and I've also made a huge amount of progress on the shimmery gold (which I'm using as a highlighter on the face and body, and also as an eyeshadow). I've used the bright orange a little more (admittedly it was only used as paint for my kids, which is why it looks strange) and I haven't used the warm brown much over the last month, although I have used it.

I'll finish the gold next month. Looking forward.

In sum

That's all from me. I've rushed through this update a little because I'm disastrously sick (this update was meant to go up two days ago but I've only been able to manage a little each day), but at least it's done so that's the main thing.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

1 comment:

Make_me_up_blog said...

Inglot 357 could be a dupe for chocolate cookie as Temptalia says
https://www.temptalia.com/too-faced-natural-matte-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches/

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.