Glow Lab Facial Moisturiser - review

/
1 Comments

I've been meaning to review this product for ages but I've kept forgetting about it, so I've had to save the remains to use in the days prior to this review so I wouldn't forget what the product was like.

Thankfully I have some time this morning and I plan to knock out a couple of reviews while I can. Long story short, this moisturiser isn't terrible and it may suit younger people with normal skin, but my 39yo dry skin needs something with more punch. More on that below.


Glow Lab Facial Moisturiser

  • A powerful blend of macadamia, rosehip seed oil and shea butter, boosted with vitamin e, soothes and protects your skin
  • Fortifies the skin against environmental assault and fights the signs of premature ageing
  • Formulated to rapidly quench the skin, providing long-lasting hydration for all skin types
  • A lightweight daily moisturiser that strengthens skin against free radicals and helps defend against the external causes of premature ageing
  • RRP $15.99 AUD for 100ml, but do shop around


Verdict

While I think this product might be ok if you're younger than me and don't have dry skin, it isn't enough for me personally and my skin has felt super dry while I've been testing it.

It's a lightweight product that smells like macadamia and shea butter. It's quite thin and runny in texture, and when I apply it, it feels as though it's going to be too oily - but it does dry down so it doesn't leave a greasy residue.

Indeed, on me it ends up leaving a coating that has a dry, matte feel and a slightly radiant look. While that sounds ok in theory, in practice I think that's part of the reason why this product doesn't hydrate my skin. That is, not all of it is absorbing and delivering moisture where I need it. Instead it's leaving a film on the skin that isn't doing anything for me.

I find that after I've applied this, within a few minutes my skin feels very parched and I need to immediately go in with another moisturiser or an oil - otherwise my face feels like the desert all day and of course that's not a comfortable feeling.

On the claims: no I don't think this soothes or protects my skin; no I don't think it fights the signs of ageing (I look older and drier when I'm using this); no it definitely doesn't rapidly quench my skin or provide long-lasting hydration; and no I don't think this strengthens my skin either.

Overall I don't think this product is terrible, but it's unusable on my dry skin and after this review I'll be using it as a body cream. While it may suit normal skin, it doesn't have enough grunt for me personally.

Drying.


You may also like

1 comment:

Natures quest , health Beauty said...

"Love how this Facial Moisturiser keeps my skin hydrated all day! 🌸 What's your go-to skincare secret?"

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.