Project Pan 2018: October update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to October's Project Pan update.

I'm sorry that I'm a week late with this, but there's been a lot going on so I'm behind with everything and I'm not going to get stressed about that because I don't have the head-space for it. In any event, things appear to be settling a bit now because the kids are on the other side of colds, so I'll dust myself off and try to get things back on track.

Anyhoo! Here's my current PP list:

  • Laura Mercier SPF 30 Foundation Primer
  • Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Dusk
  • Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
  • Kevyn Aucoin The Pure Powder Glow in Dolline
  • Hourglass Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick in Champagne Flash
  • CLE Essence Moonlighter Cushion in Copper Rose
  • Freezeframe Flash White
  • Revlon Ultra HD Lipcolour in Desert
  • Laura Mercier Blemish-less Foundation Primer
  • Hask Macadamia Oil Revitalising Shine Hair Treatment
  • L'Oreal Pure Clay Mask
  • Nude by Nature Moisture Shine Lipstick in 03 Dusty Rose
  • L'Oreal Pure Clay Detoxifying & Brightening Charcoal Mask
  • Andalou Natural Rosewater Mask

As you can see, I have seven items left (meaning I'll introduce three new ones below) and I've finished seven products this month, so it hasn't been a bad month overall.

Let's run through each item in turn.


First up, my Laura Mercier Candleglow Foundation. If you're wondering how I've managed to use this much in only one month, it's because I've started using my first ever blending sponge (ie, a beauty blender but from Real Techniques). My golly, does that thing suck up product!

So I guess if you have a foundation you don't like and want to get through it, then using a sponge is a good strategy. Gosh they waste a lot of product though. As for the fabled finish, I still prefer the finish I get from using my fingers. The main good thing about using a sponge is that I don't need to wash the gunk off my hands after use, but that's a small matter in my books.

I should finish this foundation next month, and I need to review it before then so stay tuned for that if you're interested.


Next up, my Laura Mercier SPF 30 Foundation Primer. I do really like this product but I would still prefer to buy a dedicated facial sunscreen and rely on eg my hydrating primers for the cooler months and my pore-plugging ones for the warmer ones.

As you can see, I'm right down to the bottom of this product: that's because I started using it on the neck and dec this month. Reason being, I didn't pay a massive amount for this because I used a $20 discount card when I bought it, and also because I'm holding off on buying my favourite Mecca sunscreen - so using this over a wider area has delayed a purchase (not to mention saved me time).


Next up, my Freezeframe whitening treatment. Hopefully you can see my nail-polish marker striped across the writing towards the end of the tube.

As you can see, I'm not far from finishing this and I expect to be cutting the tube open within the next week or two. I do really enjoy this product because it smooths out the texture of my skin, but I don't have time for that extra step in the morning and it's taking the place of another primer that I want to start panning. Getting there. It'll be done this month.


Next up, my Hourglass cream highlighter. I haven't used this once during the month because I completely forgot about it, with everything that's been going on. Oops!

I also still haven't photographed the bullet and I need to do that for my review post before I use it - so best I get those photos happening asap or I won't have any progress to show you next month either.

Hoh well, I've no doubt that many panners have been guilty of forgetting a product occasionally. It happens when you have too much stuff and too much going on in your life. There's always next month I guess.


Above is how my Kevyn Aucoin blush looked last month.

And below is how it looks today:


Oops, yes, I photographed the pan the wrong way around this month (this is how great my head is at the moment), but you should be able to see some changes in the surface marks: ie, I've worn away that crack in the pan and there's also a slight dip across the centre of the pan - although that's not easy to see in photos and it's wide so it's not super obvious.

At the moment I reckon this product will take me at least eight months to pan, but let's see. I might start double-panning it later on.


The CLE Cosmetics cushion highlighter I can't mark, but I have been using it most days on my body so I don't expect it to last that long - especially when the weather warms up and I'm walking around in shorts (I love a bit of highlighter down the shins occasionally). In any event, I plan to get this panned by Christmas so I'll find some way to do that, even if it's just by using it mixed in with my body cream.

The Laura Mercier under-eye setting powder doesn't work for me because it has noticeable glitter inside it, so I've been using it as a facial setting powder on days when I know I won't be leaving the house, and on the other days, I use it on my neck and dec to dull down the oil of my sunscreen so that my body doesn't look (or feel) different from my face in terms of grease-factor. I've used around half of this now and I expect it to be gone within the next month or so. Looking forward.

Next up, my three replacements:


The first is The Ordinary's Alpha Lipoic Acid 5% (reviewed here), which I of course forgot to photograph individually (I'm really in all-sorts, aren't I?!).

I absolutely love this product but it's been open for close to a year now so it's time to get through it. I do have a product marker (it's roughly in line with the product's title, where it's printed on the label), and it won't be easy to pan this quickly because you don't use it often and you don't need much per application. Having said this, I have built up a tolerance to it so I can use it a little more than twice a week without issue. I'll see how I go.


Above is Becca's Mineral Blush in Sweetpea (reviewed here). I've just panned Becca's Bolero as a bronzer, so I thought I might give this one a try to see how it looks.

I used it today and it's not the right colour for bronzing on me (too red and too peach), so I'll only use it for that on days when I'm at home, and otherwise I'll use it for light body bronzing over the summer and also on the eyes. I may also occasionally use it on the cheeks when I'm sick of the Kevyn Aucoin blush and need something that's more nude.

Please note that I plan to retain a small amount of this blush for comparison swatches in future because it's a popular one. There's 6g in here and I reckon I'll keep around 1g. As for the rest, it's on the way out. I love this formula and I'm looking forward to panning it.


Next up, Kevyn Aucoin's The Celestial Powder in Candelight (reviewed here). I've debated panning this before because I do really love it and like owning it, but since it's the oldest highlighter in my collection by far, I'd like to use it up. It's also the smallest powder highlighter in my collection, so it shouldn't be too tough to get through.

I can use this for spot highlighting, as an alternative to Hourglass' Dim light as my finishing powder, and it's also lovely on the eyes. I doubt I'll pan this before the end of the year, but you never know.

In sum

That's all from me.

Apologies again for the lateness of this post and also the photo anomalies: I'll aim to have my stuff together next time ; )

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.