Clarins Body Care Collection - round-up with mini reviews

/
0 Comments

I unboxed this set back in July and I've been quietly making my way through it since then.

This morning I wrote my third and final review (of the body cream), and I wanted to jump online quickly now and do a round-up post complete with mini reviews so you know how I went with the set as a whole.


The kit contains:

  • Moisture-Rich Body Lotion 200ml
  • Exfoliating Body Scrub for Smooth Skin 30ml
  • Hand & Nail Treatment Cream 30ml

It retails for $58 AUD and you can buy these Clarins sets at any time of year, although there's normally more of them around the festive season.

Below I'll give you mini reviews of each item, and at the end I'll let you know what I thought of the set as a whole.


Clarins Moisture Rich Body Lotion (RRP $58 AUD for 200ml)

Full review here. This product is ok but it's expensive for what it is and I'm burning through mine so it's not good value on a price-per-use basis. It's also heavy on the artificial fragrance, so that's something to keep in mind.

It's thick and rich, and it spreads and absorbs well so it works for my dry skin because it nourishes and hydrates without weighing the skin down.

Overall I think it's a reasonable cream that moisturises well, but it doesn't perform backflips and it would want to at almost $60 per tube. On top of that I need to use a lot of product per application, so it's not good value on a price-per-use basis. It smells too strong for my personal tastes, too.


Clarins Hand & Nail Treatment Cream (RRP $42 AUD for 100ml)

Full review here. This hand cream is ok but it's overpriced for what it is and I've used better hand creams that cost a fraction of the price.

It's a standard cream that's quite rich in texture and it has a very strong (artificial) scent. It spreads and applies well, and although it does absorb, it also leaves behind a tacky residue and I can tell that not all of it is sinking in. 

For this reason it's not great for day use, and while I do think this cream is reasonably nourishing, it's certainly not the most hydrating hand cream I've used and I don't think you need to spend this much to get something that works.

Overall I think this hand cream is ok but it's too expensive and I personally don't recommend it. Plus the fragrance is very strong and very artificial (to my nose, anyway), so I may end up using it as a foot treatment because I can't handle the scent.


Clarins Exfoliating Body Scrub for Smooth Skin (RRP $55 AUD for 200ml)

Full review here. This product is also ok, but again, I wouldn't spend this much on something like this and in my opinion it's not good enough to warrant the price-tag anyway.

It's a cream product and it has that familiar, creamy Clarins scent. Again, if you don't like artificial fragrance in your skincare then I would steer clear of this.

It contains very fine grains that give the skin a gentle polish, and I'm not used to body scrubs that contain the kind of scrubby matter you'd be more likely to find in a facial exfoliant. While the grains do work, if you prefer a rougher body scrub then this mightn't be the right product for you.

Overall I think this is a nice product and it should especially suit those who prefer a gentler scrub, and while I'm enjoying using it, it's overpriced so I personally wouldn't recommend it. I've used budget body scrubs that are better than this (and are also fragranced with natural oils etc, rather than parfum), so I would spend your money elsewhere.

In sum

While I haven't minded using this kit, I also haven't loved any of the products in here and although I thought the body cream and the body scrub were ok, that hand cream is a definite miss for me and I'll look forward to using it on my feet instead.

One thing I've noticed with most Clarins skincare I've tried (whether facial skincare or body care) is that it tends to be overpriced, not very effective and also heavy on the artificial fragrance. I can say the same of this set, and it's certainly not something I would spend money on.

Still, the products aren't awful and I'll certainly use them so that's something.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.