How long does it take to finish: an eye pencil?

/
0 Comments

I decided it was high time for another one of these posts and thought I'd choose the Emite cream eye pencil we received in January's Violet Box.

I chose it in part because I don't have to use it on my eyes (it also works as a spot concealer), so I won't feel 'tied' to one eye pencil for months until it's gone.

I also chose it because I picked up a second via the FB Violet Box Swap group (since it was the only cream pencil I owned), so it's now on my list for my next Project Pan update too.


A few things to note:
  • I've already used this for a week when trialling it (see review here), so we'll add that week to the total when reaching our verdict.
  • I'll assume that most people line both their upper and lower eyes (ie, four lines in total), so if you only do one or the other, your pencil will last twice as long as this does.
  • I'll assume that most pencils are pigmented enough that you only need to do one or two swipes to get the line you want. If you do a number of swipes to build your desired colour, you'll obviously get through products much faster.
  • This is a cream pencil that's pale and soft, so I may use a little more product each time than you might a harder pencil.
  • This is your standard 1.2g pencil, so you can calculate the results based on a pencil that contains more or less product than this one.


That's it! I'll check in soon with a verdict. I've no idea how long an eye pencil lasts. If you use it every day, I'm predicting between three and four months, but we'll see!

Verdict

Well, I was way, way off with this product: it certainly did not last between three and four months! 

I first posted on this on 10 April 2015, and I'd already tested it for over a week prior to that - plus I lost the last couple of applications because the last little bit fell from the tube yesterday and it was too small to do anything with.

That means it's essentially lasted from the beginning of April 2015 until the beginning of February 2016, which is of course ten months of daily use. Eeek! I had no idea pencils lasted that long!

And if I compare it to the two other pencil I've been using as part of Project Pan, I've finished it well before those because it's a pale, creamy pencil so I've used more of it on each application than I would a darker, harder one - meaning that a different pencil could last you over a year of daily use. Makes you think twice about buying a back-up of your favourite pencil, doesn't it?

Looking forward to the next test : ). Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see added to my list of test products.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.