Now playing #3

/
0 Comments

It was high time to choose another round of products to play with and get some use from, and as always it took me far too long to choose which products to move into circulation.

In the end I went for some fairly neutral colour products because I seem to be wearing a bold lip more than usual at the moment, so I need to keep the rest of my face lower-key.

If you haven't stumbled on one of these posts before, what I'm trying to do is make sure that everything in my collection is being put to good use, and to see whether I can find new and interesting combinations that I hadn't thought of previously.

Here are the products I've chosen this time around:


theBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer

Full review here. I included Mary-Lou in an earlier 'now playing' post and it was time to give Cindy-Lou another run. I've also just seen how dodgy my photos are in that full review of the two products (I'd only just started blogging then), so I may update those while I'm dusting this product off.


I tend to use Cindy-Lou less than Mary-Lou because the colour is less versatile, but I'd forgotten how much I like it. What I'll do as part of this post is work out whether I can use it in new and interesting ways, so I'm not always reaching for Mary-Lou instead.


Coastal Scents Revealed Palette Sampler

I picked this up via the Facebook Bellabox Swap group and I'd like to review it, so that's why I've included it here. Silly maybe to choose two eyeshadows in one post, but since they're very different in texture, I thought it would be good to alternate them and get a feel for the products side-by-side. I'm doing this in part because I'm not quite sure how I feel about Nars eyeshadows yet (they're not as soft as the products I'm used to), so I'm testing the few I have alongside other products before reviewing any of them.

This little sampler is good to travel with in theory, although it may be quite limiting in how many looks I can create with it alone - so I'll be interested to see what I can come up with.


Stila Sheer Colour Tinted Moisturiser in Medium

I've had this sitting around for a while and it was definitely time to use it - in part because I'm quite fickle with my bases and and I'm getting sick of the stuff I've been trying to use up for Project Pan.

I have to say, I've tried quite a few Stila products now and so far I'm very impressed with the range - much more than I am with many brands lining the shelves at Mecca. Stila seems to be a 'workhorse' kind of brand to me, rather than something with too many bells and whistles: if you want a product that works, head there.


Nara Eyeshadow Duo in Portobello

This was the third Nars duo I bought and while many would overlook it because it is rather boring in theory, it's the kind of everyday pairing that was missing from my collection and I've become more and more glad that I bought it over time.

As mentioned earlier, I haven't reviewed any of my Nars duos yet and I don't plan to until I've had a good play with all of them and compared them not only to each other, but to other shadows that I own. I was expecting to be bowled over by their quality and I must confess that I haven't been yet, but sometimes you learn to appreciate products more over time, and this particular duo is a good example of that.


Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée in Honeymoon Honey

Full review here. I love this product to pieces, so much so that I'm considering moving it to my Project Pan list, just to make sure that I use every last bit of it. In any event, moving it into circulation via one of these posts was a good place to start. What I plan to do with it now is work out whether it pairs well with any of my powder blushes and gives them some more oomph.

In sum

Some fun products to play with! I'll check back in soon with an update : )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.