September 2016 empties #2

/
0 Comments

While it's not quite the end of the month, I wanted to throw in an empties post now since the box has been piling up and I'd like to clear some junk from upstairs.

It mightn't have been a huge month of empties for me, but it's felt like a big one because I've finished a couple of items that have been on my shelves for too long. You know, the ones you don't hate enough to stop using but that you'd like to finish all the same.

Let's have a look : )


Project Pan items

I won't go on about these too much here because I've done that to death via Project Pan, but suffice to say that both this Croquis Duo Concealer and Sportsgirl Lipstick in Whirlwind were good formulas and I would buy them (albeit in different shades). 

The concealer was too pale but I found a way to get through it and I liked it, and I've bought many Sportsgirl lipsticks to date and plan to buy more in future. So that's a yes for repurchasing both.



Jersey Shore Spa Anti-ageing Whole Body Balm

Full review here. This is one of those products I received from a sub box that I wasn't sure how to use at first, but when I saw that you could use it at night to nourish/condition the eye area and remove any makeup smudges, that's exactly what I did and it soon slotted beautifully into my routine.

I really enjoyed using it and I've missed it since I finished it, so I've already replaced it with another eye balm I had on hand, since this product got me used to using something like this overnight. I don't think it's easy to come by in Australia but it's something I might buy if it were. Purchase? Maybe.

Linden Leaves Intensive Eye Repair Cream

This came in a Maslow & Co box, and while I thought it was good when I first used it, I soon realised that it wasn't absorbing so it did absolutely nothing for my eye area - indeed, my eyes looked worse-for-wear from using this during the testing period. I've reviewed it here.

I was able to get through it by using a different eye cream in the morning and using this at night only, quickly followed by the Jersey Shore product above so my eye area didn't dry out. I've seen others rave about this so perhaps it just didn't agree with my skin. Purchase? No.


Ren Clarimatte Clarifying Toner

Full review here. I didn't hate this product but I didn't love it either, which surprised me because most Ren products I've tried work well for me and this one had some rave reviews. It's more geared for oily, blemish-prone skin - which isn't me because my skin is dry - but I bought it because it wasn't expensive and I needed something to help with some breakouts around my chin.

While I do think it helped decongest and clarify my skin, it was also quite an astringent, drying product so I couldn't use it too much or I wound up with dry patches and irritated skin. I think you can find better similar products on the market but this wasn't terrible so it's worth testing if you have oily skin and need something to help with breakouts. Repurchase? No.

Martina Organics Oil Cleanser

I absolutely loved this cleanser and I'm sad it's gone! It came in one of my Maslow & Co boxes, and while I love oil cleansers as a general rule, what set this one apart for me was the gorgeous scent most of all. I've reviewed it here.

Another thing that's different about this oil cleanser is that it has a thinner texture so a little goes a long way and even this 30ml bottle lasted for ages. One bad thing was the packaging (it had a screw top - the dropper in the above shot I stole from another bottle), which made it hard to dispense the right amount of product and made things messy, but otherwise this was a favourite and I'll miss it. Purchase? Yes.


Clarins Super Restorative Night Cream

I've reviewed this here. It came as part of a GWP set and I really enjoyed using it - it was super hydrating and nourishing for my dry skin - but it's also super expensive and I think you can do better at this price point (and below it).

Also, I've used plenty of creams that not only nourish the skin but also do something towards eg pigmentation etc, so I think you can find something better that serves more than one purpose. Still, I enjoyed it and my skin liked it. Purchase? No.

ASAP Moisturising Daily Defence SPF 50+

This was a terrible product and I'm so glad it's gone. Full review here. It's without question the greasiest facial sunscreen I've ever used - even for my dry skin, which normally loves plenty of grease!

What this meant was that any base I put over it basically slipped off my face, and I couldn't use it throughout the day to boost my sun protection because it dissolved any makeup underneath it. I wouldn't touch this again, even if one fell in my lap. Purchase? No.


MOR Blood Orange Emporium Classics Triple-milled Soap

I'm not a soap person (I prefer body wash) but this product almost turned me into one! I've reviewed it here.

I love MOR products and this one was no exception: it does indeed smell of blood oranges in a wonderfully rich way, plus it lathers well and feels super creamy and nourishing against the skin while still dissolving grime. This means that it cleans without stripping the skin, which has been one of my gripes with soap in the past so I definitely think this is a good one. Purchase? Maybe.

Natura Brazil Ekos Creamy Hand Balm Castanha

This hand cream was a gift from my mother-in-law, and I really liked it. Full review here. The texture of the product is quite hard to describe: it's almost a gel/balm hybrid that's like a thick jelly, but it's not too greasy or heavy on the skin and it spreads and absorbs beautifully well.

While it's not one I would seek out because it's not readily available in Australia (she lives in Mexico), if it were, I'd certainly be considering buying it for myself in future - perhaps in another scent, just for something different (I found this one a little sweet). Purchase? Maybe.

In sum

Some good products in this lot and some not-so-good ones. My favourites were the MOR soap, the Martina Organics cleansing oil and the Jersey Shore balm.

Let me know if you've finished anything amazing this month: I'd love to hear : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.