Project Dent 2018 update: Marc Jacobs Eye-conic Multi-finish Eyeshadow Palette in Provocouture

/
0 Comments

I started denting this product back on 7 August, and while normally I would let things run for two weeks, I've decided to stop today for the simple reason that I feel this palette has seen enough love and I would like to give something else in my collection a turn.

As you may know, I've already picked out my next item for Project Dent, being my Morphe Jaclyn Hill palette, so do look out for that if you're interested because I'm hoping to review it over the next month, once I've used it enough to form an opinion on it.


As for this palette, I love it. I've reviewed it here. There's a reason why I managed to buy five of these over the past 18 months: I love the formula and really enjoy the colour selections.

Indeed, it was a pleasure to dent it and I'm really looking forward to denting another one of these Marc Jacobs septets. I'm aiming to dent the remaining four by year's end, although of course we'll see how that goes because I don't have a heap of time left.


Here's how the left side of my palette looked ten days ago:


And today:


Let's enhance the above two shots for clarity.

Ten days ago:


Today:


You can see that decent dips have appeared in the first and last shades in particular. While the last shade has the most visible progress, it's hard to see that in the photos. Still, it's visible to the naked eye.

As for the two middle matte shades, there is some movement in these because I've used them in every single eye look over the past ten days, although you can't see that so well in the progress shots. The pale shade in particular has a wide dip in the middle, and I can see that being the first shadow to go.

Here's the right side of the palette, ten days ago (and note that the first shade is repeated):


 And today:


Now for enhanced shots.

Ten days ago:


Today:


The three remaining shades on this side of the palette are showing less progress than the other four, although you can tell that I've used them - the purple and pink have tiny dips in the centre of each pan, and the surface of the black looks different.

While I have used the purple shade a lot, it's a little more firmly pressed than the paler shimmers - which could be why it doesn't look as well-used.

In sum

Overall it's been a good round of Project Dent: I've managed to put this palette to good use and all seven of the shadows are looking a little more loved.

I'm looking forward to putting this aside for now and trying something else, although I have enjoyed denting it and I'll certainly be reaching for it again in the near future.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.