Mecca L3 Beauty Loop Box, January 2019 - unboxing

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Mecca Beauty Loop unboxing post!

I actually received this box last week, it's just taken me a while to get the photos taken and edited because we've had a lot going on.

Here's what I received:


Above you'll see:

  • Floral Street Wild Vanilla Orchid EDP (1.5ml)
  • Nars Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto (0.3g)
  • Verso Skincare Super Eye Serum (7ml)
  • Drunk Elephant A-Passioni Retinol Cream & B Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum (5ml each)

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


Floral Street Wild Vanilla Orchid EDP (RRP $38 AUD for 10ml or $109 AUD for 50ml)

This is described as a vanilla fragrance that blends creamy vanilla beans, blossom, cassis, citrus and just-plucked jasmine for a bold and fresh scent. It also includes bamboo, sandalwood, patchouli fraction and red orchid.

I've tried this a couple of times and I don't like it because it's too sweet. It also smells rather musky and I'm not a fan of those heady fragrances so we can say that it's not for me.


Nars Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto (RRP $40 AUD for 0.58g)

This eyeliner apparently delivers long-lasting, budge-proof colour in an easy-to-use soft crayon. Each liner comes in a rich creamy shade that glides on smoothly. The product can be used on the eyelids as well as the waterline, and claims to offer twelve-hour wear.

I don't wear black eyeliner so I won't be keeping this. While I did think of reviewing it, I reckon I'm better off gifting it to someone who'll actually use it. Note the reviews of this product aren't consistent so it obviously works well for some but not for others.


Verso Skincare Super Eye Serum (RRP $130 AUD for 30ml)

This firming and smoothing super eye serum with Retinol 8 complex is a light and refreshing serum designed for the sensitive eye area. It helps to increase the skin’s natural production of collagen, reversing the visible signs of ageing. It's formulated with specific amino acids that will diminish the look of eye puffiness, dark circles and lines. 

I haven't tried a lot from Verso but I'm looking forward to using this because I'm yet to find my HG eye product. Yes this one's expensive, but at least you get double the amount that you would get in a standard 15ml eye cream so perhaps it makes up its value that way. It depends how much you need to apply each time. Looking forward to finding out!


Drunk Elephant A-Passioni Retinol Cream & B Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum (RRP $113 AUD for 30ml and $80 AUD for 50ml respectively)

The retinol product is described as a cutting-edge treatment that combines 1.0% vegan retinol with nourishing, superfood-rich ingredients to dramatically diminish the appearance of fine lines, deep wrinkles and sun damage. It should reveal a vibrant, younger-looking complexion, restore bounce and resilience, and help even out the skin's tone and texture.

The serum should quench parched skin in a flash. It's described as a super hydrating, anti-ageing serum for a plump, juicy complexion, and it claims to be ultra lightweight and rapidly absorbed.

I haven't tried much from Drunk Elephant but I've heard a lot of people rave about this brand so I'm looking forward to seeing how it fares. I'm interested in the serum especially: if it's that hydrating, then it should suit my dry skin.

In sum

This was an ok box but it certainly wasn't my favourite of all the boxes I've received from Mecca so far. Reason being, I don't like the perfume and I won't use the eyeliner - so that's half the box gone already.

Still, I'm really excited about trying the products from the other two brands so I'll do that and let you know how I go.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.