Project Pan 2019: intro

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to Project Pan 2019!

I'm looking forward to resuming this project because I've had a break now and I'm ready to start streamlining my collection again.

This year I'll be aiming to keep around ten products on my list, and as always I'll replace things as I finish them.

Here's what's on my opening list:

  • Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Coconut Perfecting Face Primer
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop
  • Laura Mercier Oil-free Tinted Moisturiser in Sand
  • Too Faced Glitter Glue Primer
  • Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Crème Brulee
  • BareMinerals Pure Plush Gentle Deep Cleansing Foam (note I forgot to picture this above)
  • Andalou Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Brightening Mask
  • Keisha & Co Purifying Clay Mask
  • OGX Hydrate + Defrizz Kukui Oil Frizz Defying Curl Cream

That's ten products in total, and there's a mix of items that will be easier to finish and those that will be harder. Let's have a quick look at each one in turn.


First up, my Keisha & Co Purifying Clay Mask. This came from Maslow & Co but I didn't open it for ages because I had so many masks in backlog, so I only brought it into circulation in June last year. Since then I've been busy panning other masks and also using the masks I love, so I've only used this five or six times and there's not much gone from the pouch.

My aim will be to use this twice a week (even thrice, if that's not too much for my dry skin) until it's gone. Given that it's the least-used mask in my collection, that should tell you that it doesn't work that well for me - although let's see how we go when I use it more often. I expect to get through it within three months.

Next, my OGX Hydrate + Defrizz Kukui Oil Frizz Defying Curl Cream (full review here). I absolutely love this product but it's been open since the end of 2015 (yikes), and while it still works as well as it always did, it's time to get through it.

You'll see above that I'm just over halfway done, but I'll make a conscious effort to use it every day and see if I can pan it by the end of the year or even earlier (fingers crossed).


Next, my Too Faced Glitter Glue Primer (reviewed here). I don't mind this product but it's not essential to my collection and I'd like to use it as much as possible before it dries out. As you'll see, I've barely made any progress. This is because I need so little each time (I only use this on my lids to stop transfer to my hooded upper eye area). I hope to use half by the end of the year. Fingers crossed.

Next, my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser Oil-Free. I have the shade Sand, which is too red for me, but I am finding ways to use it so that's a plus (thank god it contains sunscreen).

I haven't reviewed this product yet but I hope to sometime this month. I should be able to get through the last bits in two to three months. Wish me luck!


Next, my Andalou Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Brightening Mask. I absolutely love this product and I can't wait to pan it. I'll use it once or twice a week, depending on how dull and congested my skin is, and how often I can tolerate using it.

I suspect this is a knock-off of Peter Thomas Roth's pumpkin mask, and while yes the fancy one does a little more than this budget offering, this one's still excellent and I would absolutely buy it again. It should take me two to three months to pan (or perhaps less, since I've used a good chunk already).


Next, my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop (reviewed here). As you may know, I'm a huge fan of these and I reckon they're the best liquid illuminators on the market. Still, I was given a Marc Jacobs illuminator for Christmas so I'd like to pan this Becca version before I open that, and I only want one liquid illuminator open at a time so this has to go. Can't wait to pan this. It should take me a good few months.

As for my Nyx Butter Gloss in Crème Brulee (reviewed here), you'll see from the marker that this is on the way out, and I expect to pan it within the month. I needed to include at least one easy product in here, and since I love these glosses and this one's almost finished, it had to be it!

Also above is my Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion (reviewed here). I do like this product but I received a Marc Jacobs eye primer for Christmas and I only ever want to have one dedicated eye primer open at a time, so I want to finish this before I open the back-up. 

You'll see there's still a reasonable amount left, but in summer I use this beneath my foundation to stop sunglasses marks, and I also pat a little around my nose to help with oil control throughout the day - so I should be able to get through this a little more quickly than I normally would. Three months? We'll see.


Second last, my BareMinerals Pure Plush Gentle Deep Cleansing Foam (reviewed here). While this cleanser doesn't contain any SLS or SLES, it still foams a lot and it also has a high pH, so I set it aside last year to include in Project Pan. I can't use this too often because it starts to dry out my skin, but it's summer now so I'm hoping I can get away with once-daily applications. No idea how long this will last. Depends how often I can use it without irritating my skin. We'll see.

And finally, my Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Coconut Perfecting Face Primer (reviewed here). I do like this product but it's not super hydrating so it's a better primer for my dry skin during the warmer months. You'll see that I've already made a reasonable start on this (I've used over half) and I expect it to be done within two to three months.

In sum

That's all from me! I'm super excited to be kicking off the panning year and I can't wait to reduce my collection even further. I'm also on no buys for both skincare and makeup at the moment, so nothing new will be entering my collection for the time being.

Do let me know in the comments if you're doing Project Pan this year and include any links so I can follow you if so.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.