March empties #2: finished beauty products this month

/
0 Comments

Slowly, slowly my overstocked drawers and boxes are becoming emptier and I'm pleased to see a more 'normal' amount of beauty products waiting to be opened. Soon enough what's open will be all there is, and I won't have 564 back up moisturisers because I ordered too many subscription boxes. That's on top of the stuff I bought on special at the pharmacy because it was 'such a good deal' and I would NEED it soon enough.

Ahem.


Project Pan 2015 items

I won't rehash my thoughts on these because I've done that in my Project Pan posts, but suffice to say that I love the Revlon CC and would buy it again (and I fortunately have a back up from Marie Claire's The Parcel), but I would never have bought the Tonymoly clear mascara (from Memebox) because I have no use for it other than as an eyebrow gel, and I have better products for that purpose. As for the Dewytree powder (also from Memebox), I quite liked that and enjoyed using it, but not enough to seek it out.


Premium Spa Face & Body Mask

Full review here. This came with a Lust Have It box last year. As with most face masks, I didn't notice any major after-effect from this product, other than that my skin felt a bit nicer afterwards. Having said this, if you're after a budget-friendly mask you can't go wrong with this one - it smells and feels wonderful, and performs just as well as products that cost twice as much. Purchase? Probably not.

Allegra Rhodes Hand & Nail Cream in Sweet Apple & Grapefruit

Full review here. Both Mex and I are sad to see this handcream go: it smells so amazing and is wonderfully moisturising and nourishing. It's definitely in my top five hand creams for the smell alone, but it also stands out for being super rich without being greasy. Repurchase? Yes.


Cellbydate The Real Galacto Zero Essence

This was another Memebox inclusion that promised the world but delivered nothing. Full review here. It's meant to be moisturising, oil and ph balancing, revitalising, soothing and skin boosting; and it's comparable to the super expensive SK-II Pitera Essence because it contains the same main ingredient (galactomyces ferment filtrate). I noticed no effect from it, but it worked well enough as a kind of toner - it removed the final layer of gunk from my face after cleansing. Purchase? No.

Tosowoong Super Aqua Cooling Gel

Full review here. Another Memebox inclusion. I liked using this for its beautiful, marine colour more than anything else. It was fine to apply over makeup throughout the day to keep my skin looking fresher, but I wouldn't have used it as part of my normal skincare routine because it wasn't particularly hydrating or plumping etc. Still, it had a nice cooling effect and was good to use over summer. Purchase? No.


Pantene Pro-V Moisture Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner 

These showed up in Marie Claire's Spring Edit of The Parcel. I do love Pantene hair products. I know many don't, but they've always done wonders for my dry hair and it's a brand I know I can rely on. From what I can tell, Pantene's range isn't as good if your hair isn't dry, damaged and frizzy etc - but if it is and like me you have issues finding products that are heavy enough but don't weigh your hair down, then this is a brand to try. Purchase? Yes.

Hair+ Velvet Nutri-injection

Another Memebox inclusion. Full review here. In sum, this product was fine, it just wasn't the best hair treatment of this nature that I've used. It did add some moisture but it also weighed my hair down and I have much better products on hand to deal with dryness etc. In the end I used it as a hair mask in the shower, just to get through the tube. Purchase? No.

L'Oreal Elvive Total Repair Extreme 1 Minute Miracle

Full review here. I didn't like this at all unfortunately, and I was expecting to because I like the L'Oreal Elvive shampoo and conditioner I'm currently using. It didn't add anything extra and my hair felt no better after using it. Purchase? No.


Enesti Ultra Volume Mascara

Another Memebox inclusion, but fortunately this one was decent. Full review here. It's a great (and cheap!) little mascara and I love the brush in particular - I found it easy to use and I have trouble with many brushes because my puffy eyes can make mascara application difficult (I always wind up with it everywhere). I was sad to see it go but it had gotten to the three-month gloopy stage so it was time to turf it. Purchase? No, but only because it's not readily available in Australia.

Naobay Oxygenating Cream Moisturiser

Full review here. This was a Violet Box inclusion and I know from Facebook comments how many people really loved it. I thought it was ok but not amazing - it was too greasy and didn't absorb well at all. This became extra clear when I used the last little bits on my legs and arms after cutting the tube open to get the remnants out: it wouldn't sink in and I had to rub at it to get rid of the white streaks. I was happy to use it because it smelled and felt nice, but it wasn't right for my skin. Purchase? No.

SweetPea & Fay Liquid Lipstick in Mermaid Kiss

Full review here. This was another Violet Box inclusion. You may remember that the tube of the Paper Cut colour of this product broke (the mouth split open of its own accord while the tube was sitting in a drawer) and the same thing happened to this one. You may remember that I included Paper Cut in my initial Project Pan 2015 list so I could get some use from it before it went rancid from being exposed to air. I couldn't bear to do the same with this one and use it every day, despite these being decent products - I needed a change. I have squeezed the majority of the tube into an airtight container and I may or may not use it before chucking it out later on. I've kept it to use as a mixer for some of my brighter orange colours - it subdues them a bit and creates a nice coral colour. Purchase? I did purchase two more of these a while ago but I'm wondering if I'll regret that due to the dodgy packaging!

In sum

Yay to finishing more products! My favourites in this lot were definitely the Allegra Rhodes hand cream, the Revlon CC and the Enesti mascara.

Looking forward to seeing what products bite the dust in April! I won't be surprised if I have even more drawer space after this coming month - hooray to that. One of the aims of my beauty spending ban is to get through what I have, and I'm slowly managing to do that.




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.