Prahran Market, Market Lane mushroom burgers and other goodies

/
0 Comments

Throughout my pregnancy Mex and I went almost every Saturday to Prahran Market to grab a Market Lane mushroom burger (for the baby hehe) and whatever else took our fancy. Usually I had a burger (sometimes two), Mex had a gozleme and we shared a baclava (bought from the shop pictured above).

We haven't been for a few weeks now because my daughter has arrived and our Saturdays are usually spent catching up on things around the house etc, but no doubt we'll start going again soon - I can't keep away from those burgers!


There's the little burger stand above. It's there every Saturday from around 10am until 2pm, and from what I've seen, in that time they make a shiteload of burgers. That little stand is something of a local institution and we always take people there. I'm yet to find someone who hasn't loved the burgers - proof yet again that simpler food is often better.


Yummo. The burgers come on a Dench bun and involve portobello mushrooms grilled in herb butter, served with chipotle mayo, parmesan cheese and raw onion.


Because I'm weird, I always order mine without the cheese and with extra onion (with all that butter and mayo, I don't need the cheese - but most people would disagree).

The burgers cost $9 and are more filling than they look. People would give me strange looks when I went back for a second (I'm telling you, it was for the baby).


Check out that juicy goodness. This is one of those meals that you eat messily with your hands, winding up with juices running everywhere, and that's totally part of the experience.

If you haven't tried one of these, you seriously have to.


Above is where Mex gets his gozleme. He gets the cheese and spinach version. It's a great meal, just a bit salty for me (again, I'm weird).


More juicy goodness. Mex has eaten a lot of these in his time and tends to be quite fussy with them - so these must be good if he keeps going back for more. From memory these also cost $9, but don't quote me on that.


There's another shot of the baclava place below. We're both choosy with our baclava, and these ones are awesome.


After stuffing our faces, we usually do the rounds of the market and then head into the meat section (below) for free sausage samples. Not because we're hungry or particularly want them, but because they're free ; )


Of course, being a market there's plenty of fresh produce too, plus bakery goods, Asian groceries and little eateries. Almost every time we go back, we notice something we haven't before.


It mightn't be the biggest, best or cheapest market in Melbourne, but Prahran Market is certainly worth a look-in - if for nothing else than the burgers! I definitely need to get myself one of those again soon.


Details

163 Commercial Road, South Yarra VIC 3141

+61 3 8290 8220

Monday and Wednesday: closed

Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday: 7am to 5pm

Sunday: 10am to 3pm

Closed on public holidays




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.