Now playing: update

/
0 Comments
It's been around two weeks since my first now playing post (see the background for these posts in that link) and it's just about time to switch around the products I've been using.

Those products were (I'll go through each in turn below):


In no particular order:


Lime Crime Lipstick in Geradium

Full review here. Just to re-hash briefly, this is one of those lipsticks that I don't wear enough because it's so bright and not your everyday kind of colour, plus my husband really hates it.

Over the past two weeks I've been applying a small amount (so it's more like a stain) and then chucking a clear or soft-coloured gloss over the top to dull down the pinkness:


You can also throw a sheer lipstick over it to tone things down:


These uses for it are of course obvious (!), but the idea of this series is to use certain products more; so hopefully in future I'll get a bit more wear from this colour on days when I want to add some bang to a sheer gloss but don't want Geradium lips all day.

It's also reminded me that I really don't need any more lipsticks because I can mix and match what I already own. I knew that, of course - as we all do - but I needed to start actually doing that, rather than telling myself I was missing certain colours from my collection!



Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Groenland and St Moritz

Full review here. I wanted to use these samples up, rather than casting them aside and concentrating only on my Project Pan CC cream, so I included them here. 

The good thing about playing around with these two shades is that I've discovered I need both of them if I'm going to be able to wear the product throughout the year. This means I probably won't buy it (and it had previously been on my wishlist) because I don't want to spend the dough on two of them.

So the search for my next base continues, and my wallet is currently safe!

Below I'm wearing a mix of the two shades so you can see what kind of colour I'm after.


Does anyone else often find themselves between two shades when it comes to bases? I can't be the only one cursed by this issue. Come to think of it, I'm often between jean and shoe sizes too...

Conspiracy. Obviously.



theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

Full review here. I realised over the past couple of weeks why I don't reach for this often enough: it's too high-sheen for me. While I love it, I prefer a more natural look most of the time (even at night), and it's rare that I'll choose this over a more subtle highlight.

See below. I've only applied the smallest amount in the inner corner, but it's very visible! 


What I can do however is tone it down with a pale shadow dusted over the top, and that's how I may use it in future.

I do also like wearing it on my collarbones and shoulders (for some reason I don't mind obvious sheen when it's away from my face - who knows why), so that's something else I can do with it.

There's another shot so you can see the shine factor - it's big!


Definitely not a product for the faint hearted, but man is it pretty.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion

Full review here. One of the reasons I included this product was so I would actually review it. Glad that's done!

The other reason was so I would use it every day for a while and really enjoy it (done!), feeling special whenever I opened that fancy little compact.

Finally I wanted to see what eyeshadow shades it works best with: the best combos I've found so far involved purples, clays, pale pinks and creams. 

Below I'm using Stila's Eyes are the Window Palette in Mind, and I've got Wit in the crease (surely one of the best crease colours ever), Understanding on the outer lid and Thinker on the inner lid.


Note: the other face shots in this post also show the same combo; you can click on any image to enlarge it and see what I've done (as you know, I prefer a softer look).

Mental note to include that Stila palette in this series soon: no one does neutral matte colours like Stila.

In sum

I'm super glad I decided to do this series of posts. Already I've found ways to use the products I have in new ways, which helps me pretend I've got new products to play with while I'm still on my no buy.

Plus I've had fun with some little-used products for a couple of weeks and enjoyed them (and they've given me some temporary relief from Project Pan haha) - and use and enjoyment are why we buy these things in the first place, yes?




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.