Project Pan 2015: Update #4

/
0 Comments
It's been almost a month since my last Project Pan update, so I'm glad that I've knocked a few things off and can write another post! (Note: to track my PP progress, click on the Project Pan tab at the bottom of this post and start at the beginning.)

I'll kick off with my old PP list:
  • Coral Colours Eyebrow Definer Pencil in Dark Brown
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Top Coat
  • ModelCo Colourbox Eyeshadow in Tahiti
  • Benefit They're Real! Push Up Liner
  • Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 03 Peche Cosy
  • Bodyography primer
  • Benefit Boi-ing concealer
  • theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer
  • Mememe liquid illuminator
  • Benefit's Coralista Blush (3g travel size)
  • Dewytree finishing powder
  • Tonymoly Circle Lens Mascara
  • Revlon CC Cream

First, I'm happy to say that I no longer have to deal with the dreaded Coralista. Waaahhhooooo! The reason being, I had a friend over the other day and she mentioned how much she wanted that blush. Rather than forcing myself to use a colour that doesn't suit me every day until it's gone, I happily passed the rest on to her. Thank golly!

Here's what else I've finished:


There was obviously less left of the Revlon CC Cream than I'd thought. Having said this, I did use it on my neck and dec as well (for sun protection) because it's sheer enough that you can do this, plus I have so many base products waiting in line (and a back up of this received from The Parcel) that I was happy to move through it quickly.

The Tonymoly clear mascara was one of the opening ten products on my PP list, and while I'd intended to use it on my brows until it was all gone, it had gotten to the stage where it was all gloopy, cloudy and gross, and it was definitely time to turf it.

The Dewytree powder was the biggest surprise: I thought I had months left of this one. I guess it's so fine that I lost some into the air every time I used it, and there might have been less left than I'd first thought too.

As for the other products currently in rotation:


You can see quite clearly that I'll never EVER get through the ModelCo eyeshadow! Mental note to review this one: it's slipped through the cracks and I need to post on it.

The Bahama Mama bronzer is coming along. I haven't hit pan (and probably won't for a while), but it's definitely looking more loved. I'm super glad I included this in my PP list - it's forced me to learn how to contour! Plus I can use it as an eyeshadow and eyeliner (I've discovered that it's great on the waterline if I want definition that looks natural), so it's getting a lot of use.


The Boi-ing concealer is lasting longer than expected - I guess because you need so little of it to get coverage. Both the Coral Colours pencil and the Bourjois lipstick are fading rapidly, and I expect they'll be next to bite the dust.

Also dwindling is the Mememe illuminator (not pictured): I think there's only a few weeks left of that.

The Sally Hansen top coat is another product that's in for the long haul - I wouldn't be surprised if it's still on the list come December.

And here's what I'm adding:


Once again it took me a while to select the products I would move on to the list. I've learned to mostly choose products that I'll get through quickly or that I'm happy to use every day, otherwise they'll start to annoy me pretty quickly and I won't want to use them. But I've also wanted to pick at least a few products that are older and that I really want to get through, so I can get my money's worth. The OCC Lip Tar is one of those products: it's my oldest lip item and I've barely touched it.


the Balm Shelter Tinter Moisturiser in Light/Medium and Medium

I have two of these in different shades because I need to mix them each day, depending on how dark I am. I'm PPing these not because I want to finish them, but because I haven't used them enough and they've been open a while.

This product has to be one of the best tinted moisturisers on the market, and I haven't been using mine because I like them too much (doesn't really make sense, does it?!). I guess I've had 'lesser' products that I've wanted to see the back of, so I've used them first. But it's time to enjoy these on a daily basis!

I'm not sure I want to completely finish them in this round of PP, but at least I can get say halfway through each tube before I switch them out. Plus I need to review them!


Be a Bombshell Blush in Glowing Goddess

This and Raspberry Tart (which I also own) are my two oldest blushes and I definitely need to use them before they go rancid. Glowing Goddess is my favourite of the two shades, which is why I've picked it: I'm more than happy to use it every day.

I've no idea how long it will take me to get through it: the rest of the year?! Argh! I definitely don't need any more blushes ; )


OCC Lip Tar in Cha Cha

Full review here. You'll see in that review that I was disappointed by this product because it sits in lines and clings to dry patches. But via my 'now playing' round of posts, I've discovered that I can use it as a base product to make my lipstick last longer, plus it kind of acts like a lip liner. It also makes a good cheek tint - as you may know, I have no issue using products for alternative purposes!

This one will probably last out the year too. Ach. Certainly don't need any more lip products either ; )


Strange Beautiful Nail Polish Duo

I received this in an old Violet Box. The pale colour is rubbish (chips in two seconds) but the red colour is decent, so I'm only planning to use the red side and will consider this product finished once that's done.

There's not a massive amount in the bottle and I'm about a quarter of the way through. If I'm diligent it might last a month or so.


Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder

Full review here. This product is rubbish as a coloured base (it's too sheer and the colour doesn't show up at all), but it's a nice enough powder and works well as a finishing product. I'm including it here because, once it's gone, my powders collection at least will be streamlined to where I want it: I'll only have my Bodyography powder and my Hourglass finishing powders. Huzzah! That's the whole point of my spending ban and PP: to streamline my collection and clear the junk : )

In sum

I'm glad to have removed four products this month: Coralista especially. PP has been helpful so far in reminding myself how long it takes to finish things (so I don't need more stuff!) and also discovering different ways to use the products I do have - eg Cha Cha and Bahama Mama.

I'll check in again next month with my progress : )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.