Lust Have It October 2015

/
0 Comments

My October Lust Have It showed up yesterday and I was glad to see it - particularly because it wasn't too late this month so I hadn't spent the last two weeks checking FB for updates to see when it was being sent.

Mind you, when LHI sent around an email attaching the description card (because apparently some items were late and they didn't want to hold up postage by printing the cards and including them), I was dumb enough to have a look at what we were getting. Ooops! Just can't help myself sometimes.

So I ruined my own surprise a bit but I'll live ; )


There's what the box contains above.

I've received the hair treatment before from Violet Box and I'm not liking the look of the two Flormar products I received, but the box is saved for me because I've been in the market for a powder highlighter and the one we received doesn't look half bad, so I'm looking forward to giving it a good run.

I've outlined each product below. As usual I'll update this post once I've used everything I'm going to use, so I can comment properly on the contents.


Hair & Me Hair Rejuvenation Treatment (RRP $19.95 for 90ml; received full size)

This is apparently a 100% organic oil-based product that uses coconut, macadamia, jojoba and almond oils, and it's designed to help repair, moisturise and strengthen your hair and scalp. It's also meant to rejuvenate and restore hair.

I've reviewed this product here and I currently have the one I received from VB in the shower. I've been trying to get through it because I don't love it and I want to move on to something else, and now I have another one! 

My main issue with the product is that the results are inconsistent and it has a habit of leaving my hair feeling heavy and coated. I'm not sure yet whether I'll keep this or send it to a better home. We'll see.


Flormar Pretty Compact Quartet Eyeshadow in P046 (14g, unknown AUD price)

I've looked this up online and it's meant to provide easy application and long-lasting colour with a non-dusting formula. It also contains mother-of-pearls for a shiny effect.

I can't find a price for this but apparently it's 4.95 in Euro so it's obviously not expensive.

I'm not going to swatch this one because the colours are too cool for my colouring so I won't use them, plus I'm sure I've got similar ones anyway. So this quad is destined for the FB swap group, and hopefully I'll be able to change it for something I'll use.


Flormar Nail Enamel in 228 (RRP $12 for 11ml; received full size)

This nail polish apparently helps nails grow healthy because it contains lemon, vitamins and sweet almond oil.

I got a dark red colour, and I've already got polishes in this colour so I don't plan to keep it. Plus it looks pretty cheap and tacky, yes? It could just be the packaging - and of course you shouldn't judge a book by its cover - but I'm not thrilled by the look of it and I don't need this colour, so I'll be passing it on.


Bioderma Sensibio Light, Soothing Cream (RRP $32.99 for 40ml; received 15ml sample)

I've received so many Bioderma products from sub boxes over the years that I've lost count of how many I've tried, but I'm glad I've never tried this one.

It's apparently a daily moisturising and soothing treatment that biologically strengthens the skin's resistance to attacks and increases the tolerance threshold of sensitive and intolerant skin. It also inhibits the production of pro-inflammatory molecules, making the skin less reactive.

Bioderma products have been a bit hit and miss for me so I'll be interested to see how this one performs. I've got a few products to get through first, however, so I mightn't be testing this one for a while.


Lust Have It Sunset Strobe Natural Highlighter (RRP $29.95 for 8g)

I always get a bit worried by inclusions from sub box brands but this highlighter actually looks and feels half decent. Plus it's a nice gold/beige colour that should suit most skintones because it's a warmish neutral that's not too pale or dark, or too warm or cool.

It's apparently vegan and cruelty free, and it's meant to add a luminous/radiant glow to the skin.

There's the colour:


Happily the texture feels ok - quite smooth and soft and only a touch chalky and grainy - so it's one I'll use.

Below I've swatched a heavier stripe on the left and blended it out on the right:


There we are again in different light:


Doesn't look too bad, does it? And not a fleck of noticeable glitter in sight, just a nice sheen - thank god for that!

I'm pleased about this inclusion and it's saved me a purchase because I've been eyeing off some gold powder highlighters, and while this isn't exactly the colour I was after, it's pretty close.


Skin Magic Tea and Atkins Chocolate Candies

We were meant to get six of these tea bags in last month's box and we only got one, so LHI promised to include the other five this month. We still only got one! Ooops. Wonder what's going on there.

I guess the Atkins chocolates were the Halloween treat we were promised. Meh. I guess I'll try them, but I'd much prefer normal chocolate to something gimmicky like this.

In sum

As mentioned above, this box was saved for me by the highlighter and I'm really looking forward to trying it.

It's unfortunate that the Hair & Me treatment is something many of us will have seen before through Violet Box, and the Flormar products I received aren't something I'll use so they'll be sent to a better home.

I think this box is good value in theory (it must be edging $100 worth of stuff), but only if you're going to use everything.

Still, I'm happy with my highlighter and I'm looking forward to seeing what we get next month.

Let me know what you thought of this box : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.