October 2015 favourites

/
0 Comments

It didn't take me long to pick my five favourites for October because I've definitely been favouring particular products lately.

I haven't been writing favourites posts for long, but already I'm enjoying thinking about what products to include in these posts - and it's always nice to know that you're using and loving the things you've spent your precious pennies on!

I've been thinking of introducing another round of posts - not unlike the 'now playing' ones I've been doing this year - where I pick certain makeup products (eg blushes, eyeshadows) and use those every day for a month.

It could be difficult to commit to using coloured products for that long, but it will also mean that everything I own gets a really good workout. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has done anything similar?

Anyhoo. Here are my favourites for October:


Shanghai Suzy Lipstick in Miss Sally Watermelon

I've reviewed this product here. As you may know, Shanghai Suzy lipsticks are on my HG list for lip products and I absolutely love them - especially because they only cost $12.95 a pop.

Miss Sally Watermelon is the oldest SS lipstick I own, and for this reason I've put it on my Project Pan list because I want to make sure it gets used.

I really love the colour but it's quite bright so it's not one I wear out much: if I am going out, I tend to wear just a little (like a stain) and then put a gloss over the top to diffuse the colour even further. But since it's been on my Project Pan list I've been wearing it around the house every day, and I always get a lift when I glimpse myself in the mirror because it's such a happy colour.

Love.


Stila CC Color Correcting Cream with SPF 20 in 04 Medium

This is a great product and I've recently heard that it's being discontinued. Sad face! I've reviewed it here.

While it does have quite a greasy finish, this is easily managed with a light dusting of setting powder and the product itself is so good that I don't mind the need to add powder over the top.

It's one of those rare products that really does offer a 'my skin but better' look (at least on me) and it looks so natural on the skin that you can't tell I'm wearing it.

Unfortunately it's quite pricey so it's probably not one I would buy again, but I'll be looking out for sales to see if I can snap another one up before the last tubes are all sold out.


Reed Orange & Poppyseed Body Scrub

This was included in a recent Lust Have It box and I'm really loving it. I've reviewed it here.

It smells exactly like orange & poppyseed cake (yum) and it does a great job of exfoliating the skin. It's a dry scrub so it's quite harsh, but you can make it more gentle by mixing it with water or your body gel.

One of the best things about it is that it's a cheapie, so while it's not my HG body scrub (scrubs from Mr Bean and Villainess top the list), it definitely one I'll come back to because it's so well-priced and a pleasure to use.


Alpha-H Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid

Ah, my old friend. I gave this product a rest over the first half of October and my skin suffered from it. Not only did I break out, my skin also lost some of that softness and brightness that this product delivers.

It's an HG product of mine and I've reviewed it here. I don't think I've ever found another product that's had such a beneficial impact on my skin, even without using other products from Alpha-H. Honestly, it's incredible and I urge you to try it if you haven't already.

I've used this every second day over the last half of October, and my skin is looking better for it. Amazing.


Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser

I've reviewed this here. It's another HG product of mine and I can see myself buying it again and again. Indeed, I already have another travel sized and full sized tub in stock, so I won't be running out any time soon.

It's a scrub but it's quite gentle so I find I can use it more frequently than other scrubs. One of the best things about it is the smell: it's so lemony and divine that I get a lift whenever I use it.

It also leaves my face feeling fresh and clean, and helps keep it smooth so it's great to use in the morning before applying makeup. I can't imagine ever being without this product and I hope it becomes easier to come by in Australia, since it's a little expensive at the moment if you can't get it on special.

In sum

A couple of these products could be on my favourites list every month: the Suki and Alpha-H products, since I use and love those all the time.

I'll be interested to see what products make my November favourites list, since I'm trialling some new skincare at the moment and have just moved a couple of new makeup products into circulation.

We'll see : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.