Project Pan update #11

/
0 Comments
I wasn't planning on doing a full Project Pan update until later in the month, but we've had one of those days here today (you know - car trouble, baby who won't sleep, ran out of sugar etc etc) and I'm not feeling hugely inspired to write the review post I had planned for the day.

So instead I've decided to photograph all my Project Pan products (gosh, there's a lot!) and write a brief note on each of them. 

I'm doing this because I'm definitely due to write a PP update, and also because it's been ages since I've photographed every item on my list so I thought I may as well turn a bad day into a semi-productive one : ).



Here's the list as it currently stands:
  • ModelCo Colourbox Eyeshadow in Tahiti 
  • Emite Make Up Precision Eye Pencil in Spir 
  • Bloom Eye Definer Pencil in Dark Brown
  • Dd'ell Stay Forever Gel Eye Pencil 04 in Espresso
  • 'Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Eyeshadow + Base 
  • OCC Lip Tar in Cha Cha 
  • Benefit Cha Cha Tint 
  • Croquis Alight Pact
  • Croquis Duo Concealer
  • Evelyn Iona Concealer in Flawless
  • Australis AC ON Tour kit
  • ModelCo BB+ Cream in Medium
  • Royal Nature The Soothing Blemish Balm
  • Teeez Chain of Stones Nail Lacquer in Pretty in Pyrite
  • Eleven Australia Miracle Hair Treatment
  • Maybelline Colour Elixir in Vision in Violet
  • Becca Lip Tint in Olesya
  • Stila Sun Bronzer in Dark
  • Be a Bombshell Eye Base in Nudist
  • Starlooks Lip Pencil in Peony

That's twenty products that I'm trying to make a dent in or finish. Probably too many! But at least they're all getting a good workout.



The 'Tini Beauty Eyeshadow in Pearl Fizz is a fairly new inclusion but there's still a little dent happening in the centre. It's such a great product and I'm more than happy to use it every day.

I'm glad I decided to include my Stila bronzer because I'd barely used it until I put it on the list: it's a summer colour and it's too dark for me in the cooler months. I'd almost forgotten about it but I'm glad I've remembered it because it's a great product that gives a nice, natural glow.

Look at my ModelCo eyeshadow! That one's been on the list since January and I'd barely used any until recently when I started using it as a brow product. Yes it's dark, but my brows are a shade darker so it's not a bad filler. If I can finish this sometime next year, I'll be thrilled.


Both the Be a Bombshell Eye Base and the Evelyn Iona Concealer are new inclusions and I only put them on the list last month.

I love the pants off the concealer so I'm happy to use it daily, but the eye base isn't great so I've been using it to highlight my collarbones now that the sun's out. It works well for that purpose so I'm glad I've found a use for it!

I've no idea how long these will last, but I suspect a while since you only need to use a little each time. Six months? Who knows.


Both these Croquis products are great, it's just that the duo concealer isn't the right colour for me. I use the lighter shade in conjunction with the Evelyn Iona concealer above (it's a great under-eye brightener) but I don't have a lot of use for the darker shade because it's too pale for me. What I've been doing is using a dab on my chest and really sheering it out to lighten some redness I have there (sun damage, I suspect) and it works ok but I'll be glad to finish it.

The Croquis Alight Pact is one of my favourite products and it has so many uses that I'm happy to play with it on a regular basis. At the moment I'm using it as a setting powder but I also use the individual colours as inner corner highlights. Love it.


I won't complain too much about that rubbish Australis contour kit because I've done that enough, but suffice to say that the moment I get through one of the highlighting shades, I'm turfing it. This has to be one of the most over-hyped products I've ever come across, and I fell for the hype dammit.

The Eleven Australia Miracle Hair Treatment isn't a bad product, it's just that I have better ones to reach for and it's been open for ages so I'd like to finish it. About half is gone and I'm getting through it faster now because I use it to coat my hair before I take my daughter swimming: it seems to protect my dry locks from the chlorine and I don't mind slathering it on since I'm bored of it ; ).


Now for the pencils. The Emite Cream Pencil is lasting longer than I'd have thought, but I reckon it should be done by the end of the year.

The Starlooks Lip Pencil is vanishing quite quickly because it's so creamy, so I won't be surprised if that's one of the next products to go.

The Bloom product is getting used on my brows and the Dd'ell one I use daily on my waterline. I can't see either being finished any time soon but I don't mind that because at the moment I don't have replacements for them.


The Becca Lip Tint is about half gone and I reckon I'll be through that by Christmas because I use it the most of the above three products.

The Maybelline product is new to my PP list and I've barely touched it, so I can't see myself finishing that until next year.

And as for the OCC Lip Tar, well, I'm not even sure I've made a dent in it! I only use it once a day and there's a truckload in the tube, so I suspect it will go rancid long before it runs out.


That little Benefit Cha Cha Tint is also still going strong and I've been using it daily for ages. This is why I prefer travel-sized products! I tend to get bored of things all too quickly, and I don't know what I would have done with a full size.

Ach, that Teeez polish isn't getting used. I need to paint my toenails. Not an easy task when you spend your day running around after crawling bub ; ).

The 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial is a great product to use as an eye base, and I use it perhaps every second day. I'll probably keep it until the end of the year and then turf it, since I don't like hanging on to liquid eye products for too long (I have sensitive eyes that get irritated very easily).


There's been a hold-up with my ModelCo and Royal Nature BB Creams because I've been busily finishing off a couple of other bases, but they'll be moving back into circulation soon enough.

I've used maybe a quarter or so of each. One's too dark and the other too pale so I mix them, often putting a dollop of each with my sunscreen after lunch to freshen up my face if my tinted moisturiser has worn off a bit.

In sum

Phew, that's a lot of products! No wonder I haven't done a full PP update for a while hehe.

Hopefully I'll get through at least two of the products by Christmas, then I'll have a think about whether I'll do Project Pan again next year. It's a bit of an effort, but I do like finishing things off so we'll see.

Are you doing Project Pan this year? How are you finding it if so?


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.