Mario Badescu Anti-aging Kit - review

/
2 Comments

As you may know I made November Mario Badescu month and opened up this kit, plus a couple of other Mario Badescu products I had sitting around.

Over the month I've reviewed each item in turn, and I'll now do a quick round-up post on the kit as a whole in case anyone's interested in the set and not any particular product.


This kit contains the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser, Glycolic Acid Toner, Collagen Moisturiser SPF 15, Super Collagen Mask and Glycolic Eye Cream.

I reckon the best item is the eye cream. It's a clear winner in my books and a product I plan to purchase once my little pot runs out.

I also like the cleanser and might purchase that too, but the other products weren't ones I plan to buy again. There's nothing hugely wrong with them, it's just that I have other products I prefer.


Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser

I've reviewed this here. I like this cleanser but do note that it's not for the faint-hearted, so if you have very dry or sensitive skin it mightn't be for you.

It's a clear gel that smells and feels astringent, and I can only use it twice a week on my dry, sensitive skin. Even with a small number of weekly uses, I still think this product has an effect on blemishes and it's great for getting rid of dead skin cells and giving your face a squeaky fresh feeling.

If I over-use it, it strips my skin red raw so do go gently with this product (at least to start with), but I'll happily use it twice a week and enjoy the skin-clearing results.

It also manages to exfoliate and resurface the skin without the use of harsh grains, which can be a plus for many.

Love. Great for dull, congested skin.

 

Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner

Full review here. This is a reasonable toner that removes grime well and it's not too expensive, particularly considering the amount contained in the full-sized bottle.

It's a blue liquid with a light, pleasant scent (I'm smelling the papaya extract). I can tell that it doesn't contain any nasties because it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, but while I like this product and there's nothing hugely wrong with it, I don't think it has enough punch for me. 

Two per cent glycolic acid isn't going to get you very far, and I don't notice the kinds of benefits I would expect from that ingredient when using this product. It does remove that last layer of grime from the skin and it's pleasant to use, but I don't think it generally meets its claims and it doesn't leave my skin looking and feeling fresher, brighter, smoother and less lined.

I'm glad I've tried it but I wouldn't buy it.


Mario Badescu Collagen Moisturiser SPF 15

Full review here. I've seen many online reviewers complain about this product and I can see why they don't like it, but the issues they have with it don't bother me too much.

It does leave a slightly greasy film on your face, but I have dry skin so any extra moisture is very welcome. The nozzle also clogs with product because some cream hits air once it's closed, but even the dry bit manages to sink in so this issue doesn't bother me too much either.

This cream isn't amazing and it doesn't achieve anything wonderful, but it does moisturise my dry skin well enough. It's not a product I would buy but I'm happily using it every day and my skin isn't suffering from it.


Mario Badescu Glycolic Eye Cream

In my opinion, this is the star product from the kit. Full review here

It's quite heavy and greasy so it won't suit everyone, and I reckon it's best used overnight because it's slick and probably wouldn't fare very well under makeup.

Just the faintest dab is enough to cover the eye area, and I wouldn't overdo it because it won't absorb and the excess will get wasted on your pillow.

It's super hydrating and my dry skin loves it, but you mightn't if you have oily skin. Do note, though, that while the product is greasy to start with, it does absorb well and any slick feeling is gone soon enough.

I notice a difference in my eye area when I use this product - my skin just looks happier and healthier overall. Plus it's cheap! I've finally found an HG eye cream : )


Mario Badescu Super Collagen Mask

Full review here. There's nothing hugely wrong with this mask, it's just that I'm quite picky when it comes to masks because if I don't see any great benefits then I don't think they're worth the time.

The good thing about this product is that, despite being a clay mask, it doesn't dry out or irritate my already dry/sensitive skin. Most 'lesser' clay masks do this, so I'm always pleased to find one that doesn't.

It applies smoothly and feels quite cooling/soothing on the skin, drying down with a slight tightening effect that's not too uncomfortable.

I do think it's gentle enough to use up to three times a week as directed: I've never felt that this was too much or that my skin has suffered from this many applications.

Problem is, I don't notice any huge difference in my skin after using the product. It perhaps looks a little brighter and feels a little smoother but that's about it. 

In sum

This is a decent kit overall and a good introduction to Mario Badescu as a brand.

The eye cream is definitely the stand-out for me and I plan on buying it once my tub has run out. The cleanser is the only other product that I would consider buying, since I have nothing else like it and it delivers a really deep clean.

Have you tried any Mario Badescu products? Let me know what you think of them if so.


You may also like

2 comments:

Sintia Wiranata said...

Nice post!. Your post is very informative and useful for everyone who read this. I like your explanation about Mario Badescu Anti-aging Kit - review, that is good. Good Job!. Thanks for sharing. cocoonmedicalspa.com

Sintia Wiranata said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.