December 2015 empties #3

/
0 Comments

Happy New Year everyone! Here's to hoping 2016 is one of those years that people remember for being all things good, and challenging only in a good way. 

Today I'm sneaking in my last empties post of December 2015 before the empties sack gets too full. It's been a pretty big month for empties but as always some of my finished products aren't in full size containers, so it's much easier to get through them.


Ipuda Eggplant Soothing Gel

Full review here. This may well be the most hysterical packaging I've ever seen (!). It's not a great product in that it's not very hydrating for my dry skin, but it's quite cooling (and indeed soothing) so it's been a good one for these hot days. It's rather sticky though so it's not for everyday use (at least for me) and my skin needs something with more punch. Purchase? No.

Eleven Australia Miracle Hair Treatment

I've talked a lot about this product through Project Pan 2015, so I won't rehash too much about it here except to say that I don't mind it as a hair treatment but I've used better and by the end I was sick of it. I've reviewed it here. Purchase? No.


Stila CC Color Correcting Cream SPF 20

Full review here. I'm sad I've finished this one because it's been discontinued, and it costs $65 AUD these days so I'm not sure I would buy it again - I reckon that's too much for a tinted moisturiser that's not going to last as long as a foundation. 

This product however is sensational and it won top spot in the tinted moisturiser category in my yearly favourites: it's such a beautiful product that leaves me with natural, even and dewy skin. I'm testing a few other bases at the moment and none are as good as this one - I'm going to miss it! Repurchase? Yes, if I could and if it were cheaper.

Tocca Hand Cream in Cleopatra

These Tocca hand creams are lovely and I reckon this is my favourite scent of the three I've tried. Full review here. It's a wonderfully silky cream that isn't too heavy, and these 30ml sizes are perfect for your handbag. Cleopatra is a light and complex scent that lingers on the skin but isn't overpowering. Sad to see it go! Repurchase? Yes, although I'd like to try other scents, just for a change.


Alpha-H Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid

This is another product that showed up in my 2015 favourites and if you read this blog, you're probably sick of hearing me go on about it! Full review here.

It's one of the few products that makes a real difference to my skin and I always notice when I stop and start using it. With this product my skin is clearer, brighter and healthier. Repurchase? Already have.

John Frieda Beach Blonde Cool Dip Purifying Shampoo

Full review here. This is a great clarifying shampoo and I rationed it so I could use it every few weeks to remove build up from my hair. 

I'm already missing it now that it's gone so I might have to buy it or something like it. I wouldn't use it as my standard shampoo because it does strip the hair a bit, but every now and then it's just what my hair needs because I use a lot of product to help with dryness and frizz, which can weigh my hair down unless I use a clarifying product like this one. Purchase? Yes.


Polished London Nail Enamel

I thought I'd reviewed this product but looks like I haven't so I'll comment briefly here. It came in one of my sub boxes ages ago and I wasn't using it so I switched it to my Project Pan list for a bit but I didn't keep it there because I wasn't using it enough.

It's a great colour but it chips in a heartbeat so I haven't been using it on my hands but only on my toenails (because they're less likely to chip). To finish it, I used the last gluggy bits to decorate some Christmas cards because I wanted to get through it. It's not a great polish and I need something that doesn't shift as easily as this does. Purchase? No.

Redwin Perfect Naturals Coconut Balm

Full review here. This is a great little product and I got through it faster than I'd hoped because I was using it on my feet for some extra hydration and my tootsies have been dry recently so I was slapping this on almost every night.

It smells divine, hydrates well and it's cheap. Plus it's multipurpose so I think most people would be able to find some use for it. Purchase? Yes.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel

I've reviewed this here. I don't love the product and I think it's expensive for what it is, but I was sad to finish it because I don't have a replacement so I'll have to buy one.

It's an ok product but I wouldn't fork out $40 AUD for something like this, and while it does the job, it also has a habit of 'dissolving' whatever colour I've put on my brows and shifting it before it dries. Plus it doesn't stay clear for long because it gets dyed by your brow products, and in any event I prefer tinted gels because there's less filling required when I use those and I'm lazy so that suits me. Purchase? No.

Maybelline Color Elixir Color Sensational Creamy Lip Lacquer in 040 Vision in Violet

What a title. It kind of annoys me when products have ridiculously long names, but of course it's what's inside that counts ; ).

Full review here. I won't talk about this product too much because I've done that via Project Pan, but I loved this shade and I quite like the formula of these too. I wouldn't pay full price ($18) for these, but you can often find them on special somewhere so it's worth waiting for sales. Repurchase? Maybe, if I didn't have so many lip products already!

In sum

Hooray for the last bunch of empties for 2015! Let me know if you've finished any great products this month. 

My favourites in this lot are those from Redwin, Alpha-H, John Frieda, Stila and Tocca. Looking forward to using many more fun products in the coming year : ).


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.