Project Pan 2016: kick off

/
0 Comments

Happy New Year and welcome to Project Pan 2016! 

I had thought about not doing Project Pan this year but it ended up being quite a rewarding exercise in 2015 because I got through a bundle of products, so I'm happy enough to do it again.

My opening Project Pan list is carried over from last year because I thought I may as well keep going with things after making a start on them:

  • ModelCo Colourbox Eyeshadow in Tahiti 
  • Emite Make Up Precision Eye Pencil in Spir 
  • Bloom Eye Definer Pencil in Dark Brown
  • Dd'ell Stay Forever Gel Eye Pencil 04 in Espresso
  • Be a Bombshell Eye Base in Nudist
  • 'Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Eyeshadow + Base 
  • 'Tini Beauty Pearl Fizz Eyeshadow
  • Croquis Duo Concealer
  • Evelyn Iona Concealer in Flawless
  • Australis AC ON Tour kit
  • ModelCo BB+ Cream in Medium
  • Royal Nature The Soothing Blemish Balm
  • Lipsi Cosmetics Aphrodite Powder
  • Benefit Cha Cha Tint 
  • The Cosmetic Kitchen Pressed Mineral Blush in Raw Cacao
  • Lust Have It Sunset Strobe Natural Highlighter
  • Pureplus+ Milk Bebe Lip Treatment
  • SweetPea & Fay Liquid Lipsticks in Ranunculus and Beluga 
  • Shangai Suzy Lipstick in Miss Amy Baby Pink

That's a whopping nineteen products - twenty if you separate the SweetPea & Fay products, but I'm counting those as one because I'm alternating them.

While it's a lot of stuff to keep track of, quite a few items are heading towards empty so the list should shrink pretty quickly.


My Lust Have It Sunset Strobe Highlighter and The Cosmetic Kitchen Blush in Raw Cacao are new inclusions so there's not much of a dent in them yet.

I've put them on the list because I'm determined to get through at least one powder blush and one powder highlighter this year, although I'm not sure if it's possible to finish products like this within that timeframe. I'll certainly try!


Both my ModelCo BB+ Cream and my Royal Nature Blemish Balm are on their last legs, so I'm expecting them to be gone by the end of January or so.

I'm looking forward to finishing them because they've been on the list for ages now and I'm sick of them. Once they're gone, I have a couple of Bodyography foundations that I'd like to move onto the list, not because I want to finish them but because I've been rationing them (they're my favourites) and it's now time to use them or risk them going off.


I can't believe how long these pencils are lasting! The Emite Cream Pencil in particular (that's the bottom one) has lasted way longer than I'd expected, but I can't see it going for more than another month or so.

The Dd'ell and Bloom pencils have also been around for a while, but I don't mind that because I don't have replacements for them. I use the Bloom one on my eyebrows and the Dd'ell one to line my lower waterline, and I don't use a lot of product each time so they're lasting ages.


My SweetPea & Fay Liquid Lipsticks are new inclusions and there's a tonne of product in each tube so I can't see myself ever finishing them. The point of putting them on the list was to give them a good run, just so I could say I've got my money's worth from them.

The Pureplus+ Lip Treatment was my best lip gloss find of last year, but I've been rationing it for too long and it's now time to finish it. There's heaps of product in there though so it should last a good few months.


That Be a Bombshell Eye Base in Nudist is a crappy eye base but I'm using it to add a sheen to my collarbones and shoulders now that it's summer. It's ok for that purpose but it's certainly not a product I would buy again.

I've hit 'pan' on my Evelyn Iona Concealer - woot woot! I love this concealer but I do have a back-up for it and I've also got a couple of other concealers that I'd like to move into circulation, so I'll be glad when I've finished it.


That Shanghai Suzy lipstick is definitely looking smaller now that it's been in circulation for a while. I tend to get through lip products pretty quickly because my lips are so dry that I spend half my life putting something on them, so I reckon this will be gone by March.

My 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial is still plodding along, and I'm not surprised that it's lasted this long because there's heaps of product and I only use a little each time. It makes a decent eye base so I'm happy to use it most days.


That Croquis Concealer is going to last out the year, I'm sure of it. The darker end isn't quite the right colour for me so I only use the smallest amount to conceal redness around my nose, and the highlighting end is good but I don't use it every day because I'm more tanned now so my dark circles don't show up as much as they do in winter (meaning I need less coverage).

I can't believe that Benefit Cha Cha Tint is still going! It's just a small size and I've been using it at least once a day, but it seems to be one of those never-ending products. Let's hope it's done by March so I can move on to something else.


Curse the day that I ever bought this Australis AC On Tour Kit. It was actually the product that caused me to break my spending ban last year: I'd seen all the hype over the product and it was always sold out, so when I saw it in Priceline I felt compelled to buy it. Big mistake!

The darker shades are so muddy on me and they're a bloody nightmare to blend, so I find them unusable. The highlight shades I'm forcing myself to use, and I can't wait 'till they're gone so I can turf them. Mind you, I've started to use the middle brown shade as an eyebrow colour and although it's a bit pale for my dark brows, I can get away with it so I might keep doing that for a while. Can't wait to see the back of this product though!

In sum

That's it! Another long list of products to get through, but I'm committed to at least one more year of Project Pan because I think it's useful. Not only because it forces you to use and finish things, but also because it helps remind you of how long it takes to finish things - meaning you're less likely to make impulse purchases because you know you may well regret it.

I'll check back in soon with another update : ) Here's to another year of empties!


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.