2016 beauty wishlist: revisited

/
0 Comments

You may remember that I set out my 2016 beauty wishlist back in January (see here), and now that it's March and I've had a chance to test some of the items on my list, I wanted to go back in and revise it.

This post won't be as long as the first one because I won't comment as much on individual products, and indeed my wishlist has become shorter since I've tested some items and know they're not for me (*wallet breathes a sigh of relief*).

I've also added some products to the list as they've been released, and in some cases they've replaced other items on the list because I want the new ones more. Shows that it pays to wait a while before committing to a purchase!


Burberry: still want it!

This part of the list hasn't changed and I'm still after the Burberry Earthy Blush, the Copper Glow Warm Glow Bronzer and the Complete Eye Palette in 07 Pink Taupe. Fingers crossed at least one of these is mine by year's end : )

Sunday Riley: not sold for the price

I've now tested some of the products I wanted and I'm not sold on the Luna Sleeping Night Oil because I think I get better results from my Alpha-H products (good, they're cheaper!). I also didn't find the Ceramic Slip Cleanser to be a must-have, but the Good Genes Treatment still calls to me and I know I'd pick up the Artemis Oil over Flora.


Budget buys (complexion)

I managed to pick up the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and the Revlon Photoready BB Cream at half price before turning my low buy into a no buy, and I've still got my eye on the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer and the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation, which I haven't yet tested. I did swatch the Lumi Cushion and found it too thick for me (I prefer a lighter base), but I'll keep it in mind and might try it again next year when I've finished more of the products I have open.

High end (complexion)

I managed to pick up the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser with a gift card (woot woot!) and I still want the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Gel, which I tested again to confirm how much I love it. 

I've also sampled the Make Up Forever Face & Body Foundation and now feel I could do better, and I quite liked the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation

New to my list are the Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation and the Laura Mercier Candleglow Luminous Foundation, which both sound like something I'd love - and I'm still keen to try the Becca Backlight Priming Filter and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Strobe Powders



Skincare

Still on my list are the Ren Wake Wonderful Night Time Facial; the Annie's Way Arbutin + Hyaluronic Acid Brightening Jelly Mask; the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel; and the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask.

I'm also keen to try a bunch of stuff from Origins and Glamglow, and there's a serum from Darphin that I've sampled and loved so I might 'have' to pick that up when I've finished one of my serums.

Finally, I've been watching Caroline Hirons on youtube, and she's made me want some Tata Harper cleansers, eg the Regenerating Cleanser; but I'm not sure how I'll go finding online outlets that ship to Australia. I'll start with Beautybay and see how I go.

Makeup

I didn't mention these products last time, but I've also got my eye on the Becca Mineral Blush in Songbird, given how much I love the Becca blushes I own, as well as the Becca Ombre Nudes Eyeshadow Palette (which I now own, thanks to a giftcard from my partner). I own the Ombre Rouge version and love it so much that I was keen to pick up the other one. I haven't opened the Ombre Nudes Palette yet and plan to open it within the next few months.

I'd also love the Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Infinity (I own Monochrome and love it), but I don't plan on picking that one up until next year, when I've hopefully finished some of the eyeshadows I own since I have so many already.


In sum

That's it! I might check back in mid-year with another updated wishlist. I'm getting better at waiting to make purchases - even when it comes to products I've run out of and need to replace with something else - because I've learned that my wishlist changes over time, so it's worth waiting at least a couple of months before buying something. If a product is still on the list after a couple of months, that means I really want it!

What's on your beauty wishlist at the moment? I'd love to hear : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.