Monthly favourites: March 2016

/
0 Comments

My monthly favourites were harder to choose than usual this month - purely because we've just returned from holidays so the products that first came to mind were the ones I took with me, rather than the ones I was loving in the weeks before we left.

Happily I remembered how much I was loving the Argo Naturals products I've reviewed recently, so I've included both of those - as well as two of the products I travelled with and also the hand cream that's now sitting on my bedside table, after finishing the hand cream I was using before that.

Anyhoo, let's have a look : )


Argo Naturals Rose Water Tonic

I've reviewed this here. As soon as I used this, I knew I'd found a great thing. I love me a good facial spray but good ones can be hard to find. This is easily one of the best I've used and, to me, it's better than the fabled Mario Badescu version. Big claims but there it is!

What I love about it is that it leaves my skin feeling plumped, hydrated and refreshed, and the sensation lasts for hours. The only bad thing about the product is the spray - it's too forceful and directed - which is why I've decanted my spray into a separate container. Love this one. It's an HG product for me.


Argo Naturals Pure Thanaka Powder

Another great product from Argo Naturals. I've reviewed it here. It's a finely ground bark that's used in Burma for all sorts of things and Argo Naturals now distributes it worldwide. My favourite use for it is to mix it with facial cleansers and masks that don't do much for me on their own: when I add this, it turns bad products into good ones. My skin always looks brighter and feels smoother after using this, and a little goes a long way so the product will last for ages.


Camille Beckman Glycerine Hand Therapy in Tuscan Honey

Full review here. This is a beautifully thick and rich hand cream, and I wasn't using it for ages because I had another one on my bedside table and wanted to finish that first before replacing it with this.

It smells divine and I look forward to using it each night before going to bed, and I wake up with soft and nourished hands. Plus the packaging is fancy so it's a product I'm happy to display, and it looks a lot more expensive than it is. Such a good cream and great for those of us with dry hands.


Stila Stay All Day Sun Bronzer in Dark

I may well have included this in my monthly favourites before since I've been using it religiously throughout the warmer months because it's the perfect colour for when I'm more tanned. I've reviewed it here.

It's unfortunately been discontinued but Stila does have a replacement for it (and one that comes in much prettier packaging), so don't despair. I love that it's matte and has a red undertone: for some reason, bronzers with a red undertone work best on me in the warmer months - and this has been my go-to bronzer ever since I bought it. It also travels well so it's always in my bag when we go away.


Croquis Alight Pact

This is one of the few makeup items I received from Memebox that I really love (or even like, for that matter). I've reviewed it here

It's a fantastic, subtle highlighter that adds a beautiful sheen without a speck of glitter in sight, and it's natural enough that you can use it all over the face as a setting powder to give you a nice glow, or you can build it in targeted areas for a stronger highlight that's never too much. You can also use the four individual colours - pearl, gold, pink and lavender - on their own for highlighting the eye area. I always travel with this because it's so versatile and sturdy, and it's a product I can't imagine being without.

In sum

That's it! I do love choosing my favourites each month and I'm always interested to see other people's favourites as well. Do let me know what you've been loving this month and whether you have any recommendations : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.